WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member, been interested in watches for quite a while and after my first investment I'm looking for a nice dive watch to wear everyday.

I started thinking abou an Omega seamaster 200m auto, but the bracelet put me off. I'd also like a tudor sub but I can't stretch my budget to one right now.

So I'd like suggestions, I'd like a classic design by a reputable maker, automatic movement and for it cost about £500-900

Look forward to your responses!

Pete

·
Registered
983 Posts
Several choices in that price range....

Take a look at Steinhart, Squale & Borealis Sea Hawk.
Marathon also may be in your price range. They are a bit large & thick for me though.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Several choices in that price range....

Take a look at Steinhart, Squale & Borealis Sea Hawk.
Marathon also may be in your price range. They are a bit large & thick for me though.
In addition to those look at Halios, Helson, Magrette, Deep Blue, Boschette. Oh, yes, and SEIKO also. Yes, Seiko. The Sumo, SKX007/009 and others are great values. Lots out there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
For me an every day all day watch must have sapphire or I will destroy the mineral glass. If sapphire glass is not a preference definitely look at the Seiko line and everything in the above post.
Look at Marathon also.
Absolutely look at Marathon. I had a GSAR, and foolishly sold it, and now miss it. Great all around tool watch.

Regarding the Seikos, yes they come with a Hardlex (mineral) crystal, which is NOT my preference either. That's why when I do buy a Seiko it will be one already modded with a sapphire crystal, or I will get it modded with one. I hate scratches on a watch face.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
When you say the bracelet put you off the Omega Seamaster, I presume you mean the Bond bracelet? I.e.
omega-seamaster-diver-300m-james-bond-watch.jpg

Have you considered an older-style used Omega Seamaster with the more toned-down bracelet?
5412691649_8c6af30212_z.jpg

And if the shiny bits put you off then you could easily have it fully brushed.

·
Registered
983 Posts
When you say the bracelet put you off the Omega Seamaster, I presume you mean the Bond bracelet? I.e.

Have you considered an older-style used Omega Seamaster with the more toned-down bracelet?
View attachment 1626607

And if the shiny bits put you off then you could easily have it fully brushed.
Omega Seamaster Electric Blue.....droooool.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Litt
A little cheaper, but I think the Helson Spear Diver makes an excellent every day watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone it's much appreciated! I think I'm looking for something a little more upmarket than a seiko as that's what I'm replacing and I'm ideally looking Swiss.

This was the seamaster I was interested in, but the bracket reminds me of the 90's...

Would it be possible to swap the bracelet for another?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi Pashwell.
I have that very watch. It was my 21st birthday present from my parents and I love it.
it is 24 yrs old now and still just as good as the day I got it.
Dont worry about the bracelet. It is very comfortable and looks good on the watch.

Reactions: Rhino-Ranch

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Also take a look at the Certina DS Action Auto diver. It comes in both stainless steel and titanium. You can buy them at horademoda for reasonable prices.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
I like these old Seamasters, wouldn't mind having one with the Hi accuracy quartz, the bracelet probably reminds you of the 90's because thats when they were popular, if you want something more modern looking find a 2254 or 2264 {quartz} or for blue dial the 2255 has already been shown.

Thanks for the replies everyone it's much appreciated! I think I'm looking for something a little more upmarket than a seiko as that's what I'm replacing and I'm ideally looking Swiss.

This was the seamaster I was interested in, but the bracket reminds me of the 90's...

Would it be possible to swap the bracelet for another?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts