WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its nice when you can fill a hole in your collection without straying too much from your idiom. I came across this Benrus bumper on the bay and paid more then I'm normally willing to spend, because this fit so nicely. The movement is a Benrus DT-15, which is based on the AS-1302. Unlike most Benrus watches, there doesn't appear to be any indication anywhere of the ebauche caliber, just some otherwise cryptic nubmers stamped on the top plate. The rotor has a nice curved edge to it that's a bit different from the standard model. I'm guessing this was the "start" of the 3-Star line. The dial shows its age nicely, although the case needs a bit of a touchup in places.

Dial.JPG Caseback.JPG Movement.JPG Rotor.JPG Movement2.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
congrats on a nice watch:-!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Cool. Didn't know Benrus offered a bumper. You are correct that any well-rounded vintage collection needs a bumper.... or 2, or 3, or 4.....

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I got a Croton Aquamatic bumper for $30 and it had a beatiful orig. copper dial. My daughter absconded with it and its too hard to get a shot of the movemnt because of how the caseback and movement load into the bezel. I saw an advert pic of it once but I can no longer find it. The thing I liked about the croton was the way the bumper felt. It was a really solid bump with recoil. In fact, when I recenty got the Omega cal 342 I wasnt impressed with the 'bump' at all. Can barely feel it so whats the fun?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts