WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the OMEGA forum - its always got more people there than any other place on the site at any given time of day. Just an observation....

Thanks,
Vic

·
Banned
451 Posts
they got lost at the Milky way.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
they haven't checked out the russian watch forum... much better watches :D

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It's a fun place to hang out, that's why :)

And we welcome owners of all brands, not just Omega. So stop by some time and say hello.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
and just some information for your observation. ;-)

i happen to not be one of the regular 100 to visit there. of all the forums on WUS, i'll maybe visit the omega forum once to twice a year. no, i'm not kidding...dunno why that is as i own a seamaster and think it's a classic watch. probably because omega hasn't been wowing me with a lot of their watches in recent years.

ahhh well...

the OMEGA forum - its always got more people there than any other place on the site at any given time of day. Just an observation....

Thanks,
Vic

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
You guys should all stop by sometime, we have a lot of fun... and like Fergie said we talk about a lot of different brands other than Omega. There's a reason why it's so heavily attended...

·
Registered
737 Posts
"...And we welcome owners of all brands, not just Omega. So stop by some time and say hello.
I wandered over there for the first time since joining here and, unfortunately, from the two threads I checked out - that's not the impression I got. :-( Sorry.

I'll give it another shot. I sure do love Omegas! :-!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm........ Omegas.........

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
This is not just a "Watchuseek" phenomenon, Omega forums are always one of the most heavily visited. I could list a number of reasons why I suppose this occurs, but I cannot explain is that there is usually an almost equal number at the "G-Shock Forum"!
Don

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It's not the Omega forum that worries me, it the Casio forum. I'm scared to go there, WTF are people doing to their G-Shocks? I saw mention of collectible GShocks, and my head assploded.

I'm heading back to Ocean7land. lol

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I wandered over there for the first time since joining here and, unfortunately, from the two threads I checked out - that's not the impression I got. :-( Sorry.
Likewise, although it's usually Rolex that folks go on about and those threads are about as interesting as watching paint dry. The majority of threads there about the co-axial movement and the Speedmaster, and if you're not interested in either of those, that forum isn't of much use - with all the other watches that Omega has made in the past you'd think there's be a some traffic about watches other than standard, current 2008 models. There's more info about Omega's 300 Hz "hummers" on TZ-UK, for example.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
... but I cannot explain is that there is usually an almost equal number at the "G-Shock Forum"!
Don
I was going to mention the attendance at the G-Shock forum. It's a good forum. I don't think you'd find very many of them mocking other's preferences for much more expensive, delicate, and less accurate watches.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
If you go to the Omega forum ....

bring your sense of humor with you. Sure, we talk watches, and movements, and straps, etc. We also talk about drinking, families, hot babes, cool cars, and anything else under the sun. We like to rag on each other and do it a lot. For someone who just pops in and views a classic Omega barbarian thread it may look a bit intimidating or even rude. Most of us have been together on other forums as well so many things are kinda an inside joke. You don't even need to own an Omega to fit in. Hell, I have one. A PO, big whoop. Anyhow, if you are a somber, serious type that wants to discuss lubricants, escapements, and other boring horological stuff then it probably isn't going to stimulate you. If you like a laugh, enjoy poking fun, looking at pics of cool watches and watch related stuff then come on over. - David

·
Registered
818 Posts
It is a fun forum :-! I bought a Breitling first and then I bought an Omega second so I could contribute to a forum with lots going on - you can hear the crickets over at the Breitling forum :-d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts