WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious if there's a preferred way to wear a watch.

1) Right wrist or Left wrist? Should it be opposite of your handedness?

2) How high do you wear the watch? Just after where you bend the wrist, or further up?

3) Exactly centered on the flat of the wrist curvature, or tilted toward you to make it easier to see the face?

4) How much slack do you give the bracelet, loose that it could rotate somewhat, or tight enough to turn blue?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts

2) How high do you wear the watch? Just after where you bend the wrist, or further up?

3) Exactly centered on the flat of the wrist curvature, or tilted toward you to make it easier to see the face?

4) How much slack do you give the bracelet, loose that it could rotate somewhat, or tight enough to turn blue?

1) opposite of handedness

2) just above the wrist "knuckle" (the bone that sticks up like an ankle)

3) exactly centered on the flat to of the wrist

4) just enough slack to get the tip of my pinky finger under/between it and wrist (at the bottom of the strap/bracelet

This is the way I wear my watches, but I'm sure there will be many different answers...

:-!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

4) just enough slack to get the tip of my pinky finger under/between it and wrist (at the bottom of the strap/bracelet

This is the way I wear my watches, but I'm sure there will be many different answers...

+1 Exactly how I wear mine.

Above, meaning towards the hand. Not on the forearm. I just wanted to clarify that, if I may.;-)

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
1) What, you don't wear them on BOTH wrists?

2) I wear mine between the bone and the heel of my palm.

3) Ever so slightly tilted towards me, but barely noticeable to anyone else.

4) Pinky rule applies with me too.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
1) What, you don't wear them on BOTH wrists?

2) I wear mine between the bone and the heel of my palm.

3) Ever so slightly tilted towards me, but barely noticeable to anyone else.
1.) Uhhhh NO! Damage control:rodekaart
2.) :-d Doh!
3.) Isn't it the truth? :-( Oh Well, we've got each other here, to appreciate what's on our wrists;-)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

perfect answer! could not agree more!

·
Registered
152 Posts

YEP for number 2 though i wear it on the left of the bone towards my elbow bur just above. and for number 3 i try to keep it flat or sometimes facing a little towards me.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,781 Posts

I wear my watches just tight enough that they don't rotate around the wrist. Gravity and arm placement determine where the watch is perched at any given moment. Unless one cinches watches up pretty tight they won't stay in one place.

Virtually all watches are designed to be worn on the left hand so that's where they reside on my wrist.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Left wrist, over the bone basically where my wrist meets my hand, and loose enough it moves, but not near enough to spin around. If I was to wear it above the bone I feel it would look pretty bad, and definitely not stay there unless I resized it to a point it would not be comfortable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. Opposite of handedness, so left for me.

2. Watch is pretty loose, like a bracelet. It's floating over where my wrist bends.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
each watch finds its own unique position on my wrist, kind of like how a dog goes in circles before he flops down to sleep. We like it that way :-d

Reactions: Rob.DeLorne

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
each watch finds its own unique position on my wrist, kind of like how a dog goes in circles before he flops down to sleep. We like it that way :-d
Great analogy. Or is that a simile... I still get those mixed up. Anyhoo, well said regardless ;-)

·
Registered
946 Posts

1) Opposite my dominant hand, so I wear it on my left being right handed

2) To the arm side of my wrist joint

3) Flat to my wrist, with very narrow wrists on me it looks a bit silly anywhere else and looks too big...

4) Tight enough so that the watch doesn't move around much, loose enough to be comfortable.

There is no 'right' way though, this is only what works for me...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

1) personal preference as to what side. You would be surprised as to how many left-handed people prefer to wear their watch on their left wrist (refer to search of WUS polls) for whatever reason.....probably because of the crown situation

2-4) personal preference, but recommendeded is not too lose, not too tight, after the bend....in the 'pocket'

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I wear mine on my left wrist (i'm right handed), above the bone and semi tight/firm so they don't flop around.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
1) personal preference as to what side. You would be surprised as to how many left-handed people prefer to wear their watch on their left wrist (refer to search of WUS polls) for whatever reason.....probably because of the crown situation

2-4) personal preference, but recommendeded is not too lose, not too tight, after the bend....in the 'pocket'
I'm a lefty and wear mine on the left.

As you (and another member) pointed out:

Because of the crown positioning it seems fairly obvious that most watches are designed to be worn on the left. Of course that doesn't mean that that is correct for everyone as you should wear your watch the way it feels right to you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts