WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I’m intrigued by these new designs. I’m especially pleased to see that this doesn’t seem to be a “one off” idea but rather an “all in” approach, given the wide range of price points that seem to be coming. All in designs that, on the surface, look less “Shock-y” than the traditional G-Shock layouts.

The GA-2000 models even boast a “lay flat” strap design, with easily replaceable straps.

I’m glad to see the carbon fiber designs coming. Does this carry for other Shockers?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Re: Excited, or yawning, over the new “Carbon Core” models?

Companies like Breitling are doing it and charging 4 figures for a plastic watch so why not Casio at a low cost? Good excuse for Casio for charge higher prices for non-metal watches. The watches have regular lugs so it makes them less unique in the market, I don't really have an opinion on that. Positive if they use the material on a watch i like lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
Carbon fiber is a good match for g's in terms of durability and light weight. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this material in future models. CF manufacturing and raw material costs coming down. I know 1st hand as we recently had some obsolete aluminum machine parts custom made from CF at a reasonable cost

·
Registered
4,507 Posts

It's all fun and games until the dreaded "carbon rot" sets in. ;-)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. I’d only given thought to round shapes, given a circular form’s inherent strengths, although I guess the “squares” all have circular forms to their base case structure and modules, so why not?

Hope to see the technology in a square

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the yellow one and the price is fair. So I’m gonna go with excited. Also it’s nice to see that Casio still has plenty of ideas for G Shock and keep coming out with new stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I was just about “done” in my G Shock lineup - yeah, right lol. But honestly nothing recent was all that truly different in my eyes. All variations on existing themes, as it were. While I could always somewhat pine for a model I don’t have, they all were somewhat derivative. Now, though...

Advanced 21st century tech ( it only took 19 years, lol! ) at what seems to be leading edge pricing from the (possibly) most respected “all but indestructible” watch company?

I plan to be in.

I like the yellow one and the price is fair. So I’m gonna go with excited. Also it’s nice to see that Casio still has plenty of ideas for G Shock and keep coming out with new stuff.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am ok with the models, but I am very excited that Casio is once again pushing tech and materials forward!
Looking forward to what the next froggie will bring, but a CF + GPS time + solar froggie would be INCREDIBLE

Reactions: Worker

·
Registered
868 Posts

Sure hope there's lume on those hands, as well as the hour markers. Probably not on the markers though, oh well.

What to think of the buttons not being recessed for protection? Looks a bit like all the not-quite-G-Shocks out there. For example, I love the Timex Expedition Shock XL models, but that exposed button thing makes them look a bit vulnerable compared to the G's I am used to:
55e545b5676e0643610256.jpg pic "borrowed" from internet.

GA-2000E-4JR.jpg pic "borrowed" from internet.
And this one's buttons look just as vulnerable to accidental pushes, especially if dropped.
Mind you, it does look really good. Just, a little less G-like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts