WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Presenting some Q&D shots of my new Marine Original and Airman auto-no logo. How am I supposed to get anything done when these beauties arrive in the middle of my work day?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Congrats, I just got off the phone with fedex and they are requesting an import license from me to receive my leather straps. What the @#$%? Our packages hit memphis at the same time and mine got held. Anyone else experience this? The national wildlife and fisheries is keeping me from receiving my watches. They will stay there until I apply for some sort of import licensce? I requested that they remove the straps and send me my watches but now I realize that is probably not the best option.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, don't know what to say to that. Was there something about your straps that was different than my order? Like croc, or something? My MO is on the black Chronosoft leather strap and the Airman is on the black old-style. Both are regular leather, as far as I know. I always understood that FedEx acted as your agent for US Customs purposes, and then passed the duty on to you. I was also under the impression that no import license is required for personal use shipments valued under $2,000.

This link might be helpful: http://www.americanimporters.org/pages/marketing/USimportrequirements.html

Hope this works out sooner rather than later for you!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
<snip> How am I supposed to get anything done when these beauties arrive in the middle of my work day?
Well you don't....it's Friday and you have new watches! :-!

Great pair, hope you enjoy them for many years.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wow, don't know what to say to that. Was there something about your straps that was different than my order? Like croc, or something? My MO is on the black Chronosoft leather strap and the Airman is on the black old-style. Both are regular leather, as far as I know. I always understood that FedEx acted as your agent for US Customs purposes, and then passed the duty on to you. I was also under the impression that no import license is required for personal use shipments valued under $2,000.

This link might be helpful: http://www.americanimporters.org/pages/marketing/USimportrequirements.html

Hope this works out sooner rather than later for you!
thanks, didn't mean to rain on your parade, I had just gotten off the phone with fedex and needed to rant. It turns out it was the deer leather and they had me listed as commercial instead of individual. I faxed a signed letter stating this was for personal use and we will see how for that takes me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Congrats on the new arrivals... have to say I'd struggle to have 2 such lovely watches arrive at the same time, all that excitement I'd struggle to know which to wear!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, didn't mean to rain on your parade, I had just gotten off the phone with fedex and needed to rant. It turns out it was the deer leather and they had me listed as commercial instead of individual. I faxed a signed letter stating this was for personal use and we will see how for that takes me.
No problem -- my parade can take the raindrops. :)

Looks like you may have things straightened out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! |>

On a different note, I'm heading to the theater tonight with my wife. This will be my first chance to check out the famous Airman lume! (Hope it doesn't distract the performers too much. :-d)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great duo! I'd call that a one-two punch! :-!

Big congrats! Post more photos if you can!

They are a great duo. Every time I put one on, I wear it for a while and then get the urge to get out the other one. I may have to strap on both for a while!

I'll post some better pictures when I get a chance to sit down and do them properly. Thanks to all for your comments.

·
0 Posts
Presenting some Q&D shots of my new Marine Original and Airman auto-no logo. How am I supposed to get anything done when these beauties arrive in the middle of my work day?

I dress casual/business and that shot is fantastic. Hopefully I get both my MO's at the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts