WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Looks nice, but :
- That price for a (modular) Sellita ? Let's see some power reserve complaints in 6-12 months...
- 5000€ for this one, or spend less on a real vintage one, or a recent "vintage" like the CS3111, both with real movements and looks.
- Let's hope the sapphire glass is not one of those really expensive ones.

What's this Glass Box thing ? I didn't get the idea.

Just a note:
I'm finicky, but on the actual movement's picture, the fine rate adjustment isn't centered, that's is "strange", although I understand this is some kind of prototype. It should definitely be centered, especially for a photoshooting piece.

Edit: is the crown "HEUER" signed or a recent looking one, with the Tag badge ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just a note:
I'm finicky, but on the actual movement's picture, the fine rate adjustment isn't centered, that's is "strange", although I understand this is some kind of prototype. It should definitely be centered, especially for a photoshooting piece.
Good spot! I agree if you going to do promo shots of the movement you'd think they would have made sure the fine rate/regulating screw was bang in the middle.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Good spot! I agree if you going to do promo shots of the movement you'd think they would have made sure the fine rate/regulating screw was bang in the middle.

but poor reading.
it says quite clearly that the photo isn't of the watch.

·
Registered
690 Posts
but poor reading.
it says quite clearly that the photo isn't of the watch.
Where exactly in my paragraph that you have chosen to quote.Do i say or elude to the movement photo on calibre 11 website is of TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 telemeter.

Which your post implies.
quite clearly that the photo isn't of the watch.

My post was referring to an observation of the movement.Regardless of what watch model is in the photo or isn't in the photo,the point i and deli were making was the fine rate/regulating screw isn't centered,which you expect to see.

and i resent the remark of "poor reading".

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Where exactly in my paragraph that you have chosen to quote.Do i say or elude to the movement photo on calibre 11 website is of TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 telemeter.

Which your post implies.

My post was referring to an observation of the movement.Regardless of what watch model is in the photo or isn't in the photo,the point i and deli were making was the fine rate/regulating screw isn't centered,which you expect to see.

and i resent the remark of "poor reading".
Poor comprehension.
Deli suggests that the photo is of a/the prototype when it clearly states that it is of the Link Calibre 18.
That was the poor reading that I was commenting on, as a response to your calling it a good spot.

i.e good spot but poor reading.

·
Registered
690 Posts
DM

I now get what you saying about deli and him saying it were a prototype when it said in the article it was a link calibre 18,but to better clarify this.You could of quoted deli sentence,then it would of made more sense.To me....anyhow!

EDIT With dc saying it is indeed a link prototype deli is vindicated as he did say "although I understand this is some kind of prototype"

Anyway these are trivialities to me i shouldn't get engrossed with it.I won't waste anymore bandwidth with this topic

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I wasn't aware there was any mention of the photo being of a prototype.
I guess Deli could've known that when he made that initial comment. If that is indeed the case then apologies is due.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts