WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,
Have a small issue and wonder if you can weigh in please. The hour hand on my '96 ExpII doesn't line up exectly on the hour marker until 10 minutes past. It bothers me only slightly. Is it worth trying to get it fixed right? Could the hands have been re-set and thus got out of whack? Just another novice question, and I appreciate your candor. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I don't know the positive answer but I would think Rolex or your local AD could repair it. Maybe you could wait until it is due for the next service and kill 2 birds....

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Same issue that has sidelined my modern cal.321 Speedy mod; the hands don't line up on the hour. I hope it is just loose hands and not an issue with worn gears or anything, especially with such a vintage movement. Well see next week when I take it in to the watchmaker.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
you say its a 96 model?
when was it last serviced?
if its been ages I would get it in and have that checked as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is an easy fix. The hands will have to come off for a service, if you can live with untill then I would just ignore the issue. If you can't take to any decent watch maker they will able to do this.

Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your great advice! I will wait until I get it serviced next summer. Great Forum!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts