WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has owned a Miyota 8215 powered watch comment on this movement accuracy? Is it known to be highly irregular? I have a watch that runs on Miyota 8215 and it's extremely erratic. It can be 2-3mins fast some days and spot on in others. Have sent for regulating twice and not sure what else can i do. Any advise?

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's only a few weeks old :( and The strange thing is. It's spot on when left in the winder. It only starts to behave erractically when i'm wearing it.
I'm far from being the most knowledgeable person around here on movements, but if it were me I would be requesting an exchange from wherever I bought it from. If multiple regulations have been attempted and accuracy is still erratic, you must have ended up with a lemon. That movement shouldn't be causing problems like this.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm far from being the most knowledgeable person around here on movements, but if it were me I would be requesting an exchange from wherever I bought it from. If multiple regulations have been attempted and accuracy is still erratic, you must have ended up with a lemon. That movement shouldn't be causing problems like this.
Ya. Am discussing with the watchmaker on this. I'm in Asia and the watch needs to send back to US. Costs me a bomb to get it back and forth. I'm just wondering if it's normal for this movement before i decide to send it back agsin

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
all the 8215 mvts I've had, never an issue -always very accurate. Might want to contact the seller and further discuss.

·
Premium Member
40,906 Posts
The 8215 has its faults, but accuracy and reliability are generally good. I'd ask for a replacement.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all the 8215 mvts I've had, never an issue -always very accurate. Might want to contact the seller and further discuss.
The 8215 has its faults, but accuracy and reliability are generally good. I'd ask for a replacement.
Thanks for the feedback will and brad. Will test another couple of days before discussing options with the watchmaker.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I've had a the 8215 movement in my Cave Dweller for about a year and a half with no issues at all. 2-3 minutes is pretty fast and sounds really irregular to me. Time to get the skinny from the watchmaker.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's only a few weeks old :( and The strange thing is. It's spot on when left in the winder. It only starts to behave erractically when i'm wearing it.

Does your activity vary widely from one day to the next? If it's consistent when left in the winder but erratic on your wrist, I'd say that sounds like some days you move more so it's wound more, some days less so it's wound less. Either that or maybe depends how you leave it overnight -- is it always in the same position?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Can anyone who has owned a Miyota 8215 powered watch comment on this movement accuracy? Is it known to be highly irregular? I have a watch that runs on Miyota 8215 and it's extremely erratic. It can be 2-3mins fast some days and spot on in others. Have sent for regulating twice and not sure what else can i do. Any advise?
Reliable workhorse, acceptable accuracy, dated and crude.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I've had dozens of 8215 movements and I've never noticed erratic accuracy in any of them. Some are more accurate than others but they are pretty consistently accurate or inaccurate.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tks guys for all the feedback. Seems like an issue with my movement and isolated case for bad luck :( Will monitor today and tomorrow, it just came back from 2nd regulation 2 days ago. Watchmaker has offered a swap if it doesn't settle down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts