WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
361 - 371 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I ordered a watch on January 6th from Meranom (I live in New York in the USA). It left Russia on January 17th and arrived in US customs in New York on January 28th (about 12 miles from my home). So of course it gets shipped by US customs to a USPS facility... in Brockton Massachusetts!!! What the fudge?!?!?!? Not Meranom's fault, or the Russian postal service. Homegrown ridiculousness!!

Finally arrived on February 1st. Just shy of four weeks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
How long does a Meranom warranty service generally take?
I'm going to find out, sent two SE's for repair. Never had a classic Amphibia or Komandiski show up with any problems, but 2 of my 3 SE's were DOA. When I emailed for instructions to send them back for repair, I was very happy that Dmitry got back to me right away, and advised me to remove the bracelets for cheaper shipping, include the email, etc. I'm about two weeks in. Of course, Russia Post is the wild card ...
Btw, make sure you keep those little folded warranty papers where you can find him. The instructions tell you to include them in the shipping.
Nothing but great experiences with Meranom, great communication, but I miss the chocolate bars!

PS - when I say great experiences, I've had A LOT of experience in the last 14 months -- 13 watches + lots of spare parts. Out of those 13 watches, only two showed up DOA, which is a perfectly acceptable ratio. I've also ordered two heavily customized watches, with different dial, date wheel, handset, display back, bracelet, and crown, both are spectacular. I'm definitely a Vostok addict, and that's mainly because Meranom is just a routinely fabulous operation. As for the customizing option, I just can't imagine any other company offering that service for such a reasonable price. Meranom gets an A++++++ from me.

Reactions: 24h

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm going to find out, sent two SE's for repair. Never had a classic Amphibia or Komandiski show up with any problems, but 2 of my 3 SE's were DOA. When I emailed for instructions to send them back for repair, I was very happy that Dmitry got back to me right away, and advised me to remove the bracelets for cheaper shipping, etc. I'm about two weeks in. Of course, Russia Post is the wild card ...
Btw, make sure you keep those little folded warranty papers where you can find him. The instructions tell you to include them in the shipping.
Nothing but great experiences with Meranom, great communication, but I miss the chocolate bars!
Yes, I have nothing but kind words for Dmitry and the Meranom team (are there more than just him?).
Extremely pleased with the responsiveness to emails and amazing service.

The ONLY negative side of purchasing from Meranom is the slow Russian Post but that is not under their control :-d

·
Registered
186 Posts
I received my watch from them pretty quickly about two weeks from Tatarstan to UK and was well packed. I don't know how long it would take now with the Skirpal row going on. I'll find out when I buy another watch from them. They swem really efficient. Only complaint is that watch was not well regulated on arrival but attention by a watchmaker here (Dafydd Ellis) sorted that out. I wish Vostok paid more attention to this area as the movements are capable of keepng much better time than the loose quoted spec.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've nothing but praise for Meranom... Fantastic guy and very helpful.
My partner bought me a Neptune SE for my birthday from him, it arrived reasonably quickly and is utterly perfect.
I've just bought some spare parts from him to customise another watch en route...

Now I'm thinking about another Vostok.

What's this about chocolate??

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have purchased from Meranom before, and generally it's been fine, but I had an absolutely terrible experience with them in January and it's made me think twice about ordering from them in the future.

I had a spare case lying around so decided to order a 2415 movement, a dial, and new hands, and put it all together myself. I bought the individual parts in December last year from Meranom, received it in January, assembled it all, and forgot about it. About three weeks later, the watch stopped abruptly, and no amount of winding or anything could get the hands moving again. I tried to tinker with it a bit, but I am not nearly experienced enough to really determine the problem unless it's immediately obvious. I contacted Meranom and was told, essentially, "sorry, no warranty on movements, if you want a warranty buy a full watch."

Luckily, I've sent repairs to the absolutely wonderful forum member Matt Brace before, so I contacted him and he said he was happy to take a look. I sent the watch down to him, and at first he couldn't figure out what was wrong either, so he suggested a full strip, clean, and service. A few days later, he sent me the following message: "
your watch is all done, it became quickly apparent what was hindering the movement, other than the balance cap jewels and the auto winding bridge, the rest of the movement was bone dry with no oil anywhere!" Thankfully, Matt is a prince and the watch is now running brilliantly.

I realise Meranom only sells Vostoks and doesn't make them, but surely as a watch dealer they should have their own quality control checks, like making sure their movements, whether sold individually or as part of a watch, have OIL in them. Anyway, a very frustrating experience that really shouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have purchased from Meranom before, and generally it's been fine, but I had an absolutely terrible experience with them in January and it's made me think twice about ordering from them in the future.

I had a spare case lying around so decided to order a 2415 movement, a dial, and new hands, and put it all together myself. I bought the individual parts in December last year from Meranom, received it in January, assembled it all, and forgot about it. About three weeks later, the watch stopped abruptly, and no amount of winding or anything could get the hands moving again. I tried to tinker with it a bit, but I am not nearly experienced enough to really determine the problem unless it's immediately obvious. I contacted Meranom and was told, essentially, "sorry, no warranty on movements, if you want a warranty buy a full watch."

Luckily, I've sent repairs to the absolutely wonderful forum member Matt Brace before, so I contacted him and he said he was happy to take a look. I sent the watch down to him, and at first he couldn't figure out what was wrong either, so he suggested a full strip, clean, and service. A few days later, he sent me the following message: "
your watch is all done, it became quickly apparent what was hindering the movement, other than the balance cap jewels and the auto winding bridge, the rest of the movement was bone dry with no oil anywhere!" Thankfully, Matt is a prince and the watch is now running brilliantly.

I realise Meranom only sells Vostoks and doesn't make them, but surely as a watch dealer they should have their own quality control checks, like making sure their movements, whether sold individually or as part of a watch, have OIL in them. Anyway, a very frustrating experience that really shouldn't have happened.
Hello
We wrote:
Sorry we don't give guarantee for unauthorized movement installation.
But if you want you can send the watch us for the factory checking and repair if needed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I appreciate Meranom disponibility to clients, the continuous struggle to innovate and (re-) offer interesting models as well as their efficiency and great site implementation. Nevertheless, in view of recent experiences (mine and others) there should not be forgotten that even if most of us are continuing to buy new products rather by pleasure than necessity , generally speaking , when I buy a watch I expect it to function accordingly and not have a guarantee problem ruining the whole experience. Better quality control and rigourosity before sending the watch would highly be preferable to a quick and easy answer: ''yes, it's a guarantee problem, you can send it back to us…" . Especially when shipment takes so much time, there are sometimes customs involved, the prices are continuously growing and it's a highly competitive market after all… Thank you for your attention.

361 - 371 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.