WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Two of the three are the absolute top dogs of the dive watch world IMO and the Omega is no slouch.

Enjoy them!!
馃榿, perfect!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
A beautiful trio. I especially like the Blancpain 50th Anniversary. Do you ever actually wear any of them diving?
Nope, no diving for me. Surfed a lot earlier on but those days are long gone so they are perfect at my desk!

Reactions: jmariorebelo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Three almost identical watches IMO, but tastes are not to be disputed. I would personally opt for more diversity.
Indeed! When I say experimented it鈥檚 true. Had a couple GO divers and a bunch of other dive bezel types but none of them took permanent residence.

Reactions: watchman600

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Three great choices for the Mt. Rushmore of Divers. I wonder what would be the fourth?
If/when I find it I鈥檒l be back馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Reactions: PeterManFong

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Premium Member
You have a nice Trio of Divers there! Congratulations. Vance.

Reactions: drhr

Registered
These are the ones that I ended up with . . . perfect trio of quality stuff for me
View attachment 17179387 View attachment 17179388 View attachment 17179391
I really like the Omega retro styling. I suppose the Rolex could be considered retro as well, given how long the style has been around. Speaking of the Rolex, I see you're in a service bay. Are you working on cars while wearing it? If so, let me know where that place is located, so I can avoid getting my car serviced there. The hourly rate must be through the roof if the techs are wearing Rolex for a beater.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I really like the Omega retro styling. I suppose the Rolex could be considered retro as well, given how long the style has been around. Speaking of the Rolex, I see you're in a service bay. Are you working on cars while wearing it? If so, let me know where that place is located, so I can avoid getting my car serviced there. The hourly rate must be through the roof if the techs are wearing Rolex for a beater.
Ha no that鈥檚 me, my wrist and Sub waiting on services for my car. .
I agree on the retro vibe of the Seamaster, still fairly new but a very different and interesting aesthetic vs the other two.

Reactions: Al.Macrest

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
How do you like the blancpain? I've been looking at stepping my watch game up a "tier" and figured there or longines may be a good place to do so.
This is 40mm dial so I like it a lot. The current 45mm model is too big for my wrist unfortunately. . .

Reactions: PTownTheProphet

Registered
Indeed! When I say experimented it鈥檚 true. Had a couple GO divers and a bunch of other dive bezel types but none of them took permanent residence.
I would say to me, GO is exactly in the same category of desktop divers as well. By saying diversity I mean, stepping a little further outside the Rolex Submariner concept.

I would personally, do it this way:

1. A black ceramic Seamaster PO 39.5mm instead of Seamaster 300M Heritage.

Why?: PO has greater water resistance, it is ceramic, which sets it apart, yet great proportions at 39.5mm still is very wearable.

2. I鈥檇 keep the sub

Why?: if you like this aesthetic, you鈥檒l be back there anyway.

3. I would go for something exotic, like maybe a Panerai, or, to my personal taste, even further - Ulysse Nardin Great White Chrono.

Why?: Although a rare Blancpain is a great option, which I totally appreciate, it is still stylistically too similar to a Sub. In my view (I know many would disagree, and it's fine) it is either Sub or 50 fathoms. Same league, very similar looks. My personal premise was not to be repetitive. I think brands like Panerai or UN they have their own vision and are not like many others.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I would say to me, GO is exactly in the same category of desktop divers as well. By saying diversity I mean, stepping a little further outside the Rolex Submariner concept.

I would personally, do it this way:

1. A black ceramic Seamaster PO 39.5mm instead of Seamaster 300M Heritage.

Why?: PO has greater water resistance, it is ceramic, which sets it apart, yet great proportions at 39.5mm still is very wearable.

2. I鈥檇 keep the sub

Why?: if you like this aesthetic, you鈥檒l be back there anyway.

3. I would go for something exotic, like maybe a Panerai, or, to my personal taste, even further - Ulysse Nardin Great White Chrono.

Why?: Although a rare Blancpain is a great option, which I totally appreciate, it is still stylistically too similar to a Sub. In my view (I know many would disagree, and it's fine) it is either Sub or 50 fathoms. Same league, very similar looks. My personal premise was not to be repetitive. I think brands like Panerai or UN they have their own vision and are not like many others.
View attachment 17180432
View attachment 17180448
Really like this kind of response thanks! We all have to do it our own way otherwise what鈥檚 the sense right?
I don鈥檛 like the helium escape valve double crown look so you know why the PO is out for me. The Panerai and UN don鈥檛 appeal either.
If anything I think just doing with the Sub would be ok but where鈥檚 the fun in that馃ぃ

Reactions: Dedcakes
21 - 40 of 97 Posts