WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2358 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a 14270 (currently in the for sale section) While Christmas shopping, I saw many Rolexes (Subs mostly) but not one single Explorer…Think of it, I've never seen anyone with the Explorer ever. It's such a no nonsense watch, it disguises it's ruggedness with it's simplicity and elegance. It never looked out of place, from wearing jeans and t-shirt to a suit. It even looked good wearing pjs while opening the Christmas presents! I've been wearing it during the Holidays and must admit that I'm getting second thoughts about letting it go.

Reactions: simonp67 and Atleo

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
@ MTB2104 I really like it on the brown leather, I will have to look into that.
Love the leather belt. Which one is it? Was it hard to swap?
Thanks both. :)

Got this bund off ebay (link here) as I wanted to see the outcome.

Explorer is a very handsome watch... it looks good almost with everything

As for strap change, once you are used to it, it's fairly easy :)

Here are some different combinations:

·
Registered
762 Posts
So not to stir the pot or anything but 39 or 36, which is the preferred explorer?
I think you will get a 50/50 answer on this. I own the 36mm Explorer but had the chance to try the 39mm while on vacation 2 weeks ago. The 3mm differences is quite apparent. I can totally understand that many will like the newer size and must admit that the new bracelet and clasp is quite remarkable. I still prefer the 36mm version better.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
So not to stir the pot or anything but 39 or 36, which is the preferred explorer?
When you would put both watches on a strap, that is taking the new bracelet out of the equation, I would give them equal marks as the other upgrades do very little to the actual ownership experience. Unless you have really large wrists, the 36mm is just great. It looks a tad more balanced as well. The 39mm can be worn with small or large wrists, and if you prefer your watches on a bracelet, like I do for practical reasons, you may want to go with the larger size.

I would quite happily own them both after trying them on :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you would put both watches on a strap, that is taking the new bracelet out of the equation, I would give them equal marks as the other upgrades do very little to the actual ownership experience. Unless you have really large wrists, the 36mm is just great. It looks a tad more balanced as well. The 39mm can be worn with small or large wrists, and if you prefer your watches on a bracelet, like I do for practical reasons, you may want to go with the larger size.

I would quite happily own them both after trying them on :)

I am partial to the 36 myself perhaps because I own it. Could not agree more that it seems to have slightly better balance. That said, the 39 is a stunner too.

1 - 20 of 2358 Posts