WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2321 - 2340 of 2360 Posts

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,176 Posts
Looks like Rolex is bringing back the 36mm Explorer, fully modernized. :love:
Wow! I just saw the news! I can't believe they went back to the old size!
I just got the older 114270 a month or two and I love this watch -- but now I'm considering selling it to upgrade . . . Or just hold on anyway because it'll take a few years of waiting to actually get my mitts on it?

Also, two-tone Explorer!

Reactions: jas1978 and Dec1968

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I've been waiting on purchasing a new Explorer to see what Rolex would do.

They did the impossible. 36mm with modern internals. Flawless. I loved the 39, but felt it was just proportionally flawed. That's extremely subjective, I know, so no offense meant to anyone. All Explorers are awesome. This one is just perfect, IMHO.

It's my next watch. And it will most likely displace my Omega 2254.50......

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
I've been waiting on purchasing a new Explorer to see what Rolex would do.

They did the impossible. 36mm with modern internals. Flawless. I loved the 39, but felt it was just proportionally flawed. That's extremely subjective, I know, so no offense meant to anyone. All Explorers are awesome. This one is just perfect, IMHO.

It's my next watch. And it will most likely displace my Omega 2254.50......
What is your wrist size? I agree they look more proportionate in photos but I’m afraid it would look too small on my 7.25 inch wrist.

·
Premium Member
Rolex Datejust 36 126234
782 Posts
This version remains my favourite and the one I would choose. The proportions look perfect to me, and the text much more balanced.
MKI owners got kind of hosed here. T-Rex owners were counting on their watches being limited production but now the MKII is the same but better.

Although, I will say prices of the T-Rex appear to be on the rise as well.

Reactions: Buick

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am enjoying that Rolex Explorer returned to its 36mm roots but I will not be exchanging mine 14270 for the new one. I am attached to the 'frozen' dial patina on mine and the drilled lugs. The Rolex 3000 caliber is not so technically advanced but mine keeps freakish accuracy despite being 30 years old.

The dial patina is visible in one of the pictures. I wear the 36mm on leather straps/Nato as they add bulk, while the 39mm Mk2 stays on its bracelet.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,176 Posts
I am enjoying that Rolex Explorer returned to its 36mm roots but I will not be exchanging mine 14270 for the new one. I am attached to the 'frozen' dial patina on mine and the drilled lugs. The Rolex 3000 caliber is not so technically advanced but mine keeps freakish accuracy despite being 30 years old.

The dial patina is visible in one of the pictures. I wear the 36mm on leather straps/Nato as they add bulk, while the 39mm Mk2 stays on its bracelet.
Beautiful photos of both models. Are you going to add the two-tone to create a trio? :cool:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
What is your wrist size? I agree they look more proportionate in photos but I’m afraid it would look too small on my 7.25 inch wrist.
7". I've owned numerous 36mm Rolex and they all wore well. Yes, on the smaller side for a watch, but not petite. Classic. They'll just never go out of style to me in that size.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
The balance of the text on the dial of the 214270 Mk2 is wonderful, and I still love it, but the new 124270 just hits the bullseye for me.

2321 - 2340 of 2360 Posts