WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, happy new year!

I have a white Expy II, that I love. I am compulsive strap changer and wondered if anybody has seen or tried a mesh bracelet on an Explorer II?

I tried poking around the web and was unsuccesful locating any photos.

Thanks for any input.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
I like mesh straps but not sure about this one, once saw one on a seiko diver looked real nice.
trouble is there pricey just to try it out.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I tried it on a Tudor Sub and chrono but ultimately it just seemed at odds w / the Oyster case.

But I think it looks great strapped to the OM.
dP

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
Funny just like I said looks amazing on a Seiko

Dan P. yours is wonderfull.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hello Fellow Michigander!

I have tried mine on mesh a while back and I quickly took it off.
I guess I am not a big fan of the mesh to start with and it just does not
look right on a Rolex!

I have thrown it on a NATO a time or two and that worked but as I said the mesh just did not do it.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
as another compulsive strap flipper and proud owner of a thick sharkmesh band I can state that I personally can find no other watch in my sizable collection of mostly vintage and some new that looks good with the mesh on it other than my PO. And if I had an old SM300-of course. Maybe its the lyre lugs or the tool-ish heavy cases of Omega. Not sure why but it stays exclusive to Omega for me. And I also like NATO on an oyster case. Simple and understated. OP could try a HD silver-grey nato w bead-blasted fittings for that steely look.
(mesh looks okay on my seiko dive too but I really dig my original heavy duty seiko ss. Think its the 'jubilee' style but man is that a comfy bracelet!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts