WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Only 20 total between the A and B dials? Surely the could have easily moved 5 times that amount with a WUS LE. I hope they have a non-limited edition of these that isn't too far off in terms of design as well as general availability. I really wanted an A-dial with the hand-wound movement and an exhibition case back. The bronze treatment, hands and strap are all fantastic looking.

Side note: 1290 Euros is $1421 US Dollars minus 19% vat is: $1151 USD
Agree with you on this. 20 pieces each is quite limiting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
wanted one but couldn't find it on their website yesterday... lol.

good to hear there will be a regular version. looking forward to that.

congrats to everyone that got in on it.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Bummed I missed the A dial, but that's OK. I would like one with sapphire case back anyway, so hopefully those will be in the regular release. These will be a huge success I predict.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Shipments were supposed to go out the 18th and 19th, did anyone receive a shipping notification? I have not received any update and am wondering if there is now a delay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine arrived Saturday. Will post some quick pictures later when I get the chance to open the box. Really can't wait to see it either.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Got to unpack it. Ordered mine with display case back. Amazing watch. Only thing I would change is the stainless steel buckle. Doesn't really fit the watch.
Wow, nice.
Is it come with the leather glove as a gift by Stowa?
It would be looking much better if the buckle is made in bronze as well.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Got to unpack it. Ordered mine with display case back. Amazing watch. Only thing I would change is the stainless steel buckle. Doesn't really fit the watch.
From what I understand, bronze shouldn't touch the skin for prolonged periods of time. This is why bronze watches have stainless casebacks and you don't see bronze bracelets.

This is probably why the buckle is stainless. Or they just didn't want to make or source such a unique part.

Does anyone know what other makers of bronze cases use for their buckles?

I wouldn't mind a bronze deployant clasp.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
From what I understand, bronze shouldn't touch the skin for prolonged periods of time. This is why bronze watches have stainless casebacks and you don't see bronze bracelets.

This is probably why the buckle is stainless. Or they just didn't want to make or source such a unique part.

Does anyone know what other makers of bronze cases use for their buckles?

I wouldn't mind a bronze deployant clasp.
Well, I did some quick research. It looks like Oris and Archimede have bronze buckles. Maybe Stowa didn't do it because there was only 20 of these LE made. Hopefully the wider release will have matching buckles.

Also, it looks like Steinhart and Archimede have bronze deployant clasps. This would be a nice add to prolong the life of these straps.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Stowa B-Uhr Bronze LE incoming - no gloves yet - but the whole package comes together very well with the 90th anniversary-esque "vintage" lume dial, heat blued hands, nice ETA 2804-2 Elaboré hand winding movement seen through an added display caseback all packaged in a perfectly sized bronze case. A bronze STOWA buckle would have been nice but the strap is really well made and overall it's a great package!

Anyone else think the new large format STOWA packaging is a nice change from the previous metal boxes. I like it! Does STOWA make the wooden inner boxes?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I received my B dial today! I also opted to purchase an add on sapphire case back and I love that Stowa is open to fulfilling such requests. The watch is fabulous and positively oozes vintage appeal. I will try to post up a full review in the near future. (by the way I also did not receive any gloves in my package)

DA565E25-D6EF-4CB7-9C80-87E072CE6E2F.jpeg
2A4C638D-C3C1-4C03-AE44-F63D608C10CE.jpeg

21 - 40 of 59 Posts