WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am a strap junkie. I have 5 straps to a watch. With 2 more incoming (Isofrane and Bas & Lokes)

There's a lot that won't even go into the rotation anymore.

6:1

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gulp... I wish I had not seen this thread.

My ratio is about 4:1... what shocked me was realising that half of my straps have never been worn.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Gulp... I wish I had not seen this thread.

My ratio is about 4:1... what shocked me was realising that half of my straps have never been worn.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Lol.

Sorry.

I shouldn't laugh. I have a lot that won't even fit the watches I kept.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I refuse to even count my watches, you want me to count my straps ??? :-d

Surely 3/4:1, I love Hi-end Custom straps.

·
Banned
1,434 Posts
If I dwell on the money I've spent on custom straps over the years for just a handful of watches, including many impulse buys, I can sink into despair and fall into the couch in a sodden heap of self-loathing. But after much trial and error, I'm down to 6 good straps to my current single watch. Not too bad I guess. I'm sure there will be other straps, but for now I'm on the wagon.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Depends on the watch. I don't have a blanket ratio, and even as a strapmaker I have a few watches that came with such exceptional bracelets that I won't change them. I have some watched that are just plain fun to make straps for: I know of at least 2 watches I have where I would say they have about a dozen straps each, and I'll wear them all: some more than others. If I'm in the middle of making some straps, I might throw together something new for myself, to try out a new material, process, or even colour combination. I also have watches where I made astrap forit, and it was a first-swing homerun. I got it so right on the first try, why fix what ain't broken?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts