WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an amazing summer for Stowas. This newest arrival is really quite extraordinary...I asked for a green sweep and am so pleased with the final result. This is a very different design compared to the traditional ones that Stowa is famous for, and I am sure there will be those who don't care for it. But, I have to say, this is an intriguing design direction and one of the first truly "modern" designs that has really resonated with me. The concept of flowing time is definitely embodied in the increasing size of the indices. The stark layout is very appealing and to my eyes, more interesting that some of the other fine German makers who have explored these type of modern looks. I was also extremely happy to discover that the indices and hands are lumed with a high quality blue on this black dial version, and the watch is easily legible in the wee hours with dark adjusted eyes. Fantastic piece all around. :)

111_2362.JPG

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very beautiful watch indeed. Congrats

Στάλθηκε από το MI 6 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like it. Not sure if I like it enough to buy it but I am intrigued. Congratulations on the pick up!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hands are perfect IMO. Super nice design all around I think, I'm really digging this watch. :)

111_2399.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The lume is very good. I am extremely fussy about lume, and luckily Stowa always comes through. I sure can't say the same about a lot of other makers and it seems to me there is no excuse for it. If the watch has lume it should be high quality, right?

I didn't have time to setup a tripod so here is a down and dirty lume shot.

111_2401.JPG

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,759 Posts
The lume is very good. I am extremely fussy about lume, and luckily Stowa always comes through. I sure can't say the same about a lot of other makers and it seems to me there is no excuse for it. If the watch has lume it should be high quality, right?

I didn't have time to setup a tripod so here is a down and dirty lume shot.

View attachment 14463457
Stowa has the best lume. Really cool effect with the lume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
I love the dial, just wished the hands were more interesting.
Yes, completely. The Esslinger "Dynadot" dial is interesting, but the hands themselves look a bit too Braun AB1 (1971)...and somehow do not really feel comfortably proportioned to any of the increasing-size dots, from smallest to largest, so they feel a bit "lost". The hands needed more attention, I think, on the "Rana" watches too.

Agreed, Bhanu. I think the Antea b2b hands would have been perfect (photo not mine, taken from KeepTheTime.com):
They are not the same hands? Very similar if not, no?

Stowa Antea B2B and Antea Dynadot.jpg

The lume looks great; the Dynadots really come to life.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yes, completely. The Esslinger "Dynadot" dial is interesting, but the hands themselves look a bit too Braun AB1 (1971)...and somehow do not really feel comfortably proportioned to any of the increasing-size dots, from smallest to largest, so they feel a bit "lost". The hands needed more attention, I think, on the "Rana" watches too.

They are not the same hands? Very similar if not, no?

The lume looks great; the Dynadots really come to life.
The Antea b2b hands have sharply-pointed tips, whereas the OP's picture shows rounded tips. Otherwise, yes, they seem to be the same. I thought the b2b tips worked better with the circular Dynadots. Very stylish watch, for sure.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Antea b2b hands have sharply-pointed tips, whereas the OP's picture shows rounded tips. Otherwise, yes, they seem to be the same. I thought the b2b tips worked better with the circular Dynadots. Very stylish watch, for sure.
I see, thank you. I could not see that level of detail.

The rounded tips are definitely much too Braun AB1, then, so I agree that sharp tips would be more interesting. But the overall scale/shape still seems off in either tip case.

I think that designing really good hands for the Dynadots is a very challenging and very interesting project; if the only solution was that the B2B hands tips were "rounded off because dots are round too!"...well, big cop-out imo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts