WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some time ago about which Omega to choose (PO or Bond) and I finally puchased a 42mm black PO from a local Dallas AD 10 days ago. I appreciate all the forum AD referrals, but I wanted my first purchase like this to be from a respected local jewler, and I did get a discont of 25%.
I have waited 10 days to post about my purchase so that I could give a honest review without too much of the just-purchased enthusiasm. Dosn't matter, I actually love it more and more every day!

I set my watch to time.gov the night I brought it home and havn't touched the crown since in order to get an intial accuracy reading. 10 days later it is SPOT-ON PERFECT. I had seriously accepted the fact that a mechanical watch would be less accurate than the quartz watches I own, but my new PO has been MORE accurate than any of my other watches! Of course I do have to watch night time placement; but it is so simple that it dosn't even warrant the word effort. My watch gains just under 1 second during the day, I place it on the night stand crown up and it is back to perfect in the morning. (being new I check accuracy several times a day) I hope this post dosn't jinx anything, but this watch has proved to be an amazing timekeeper. I truly hope that most of my Omega family on this forum gets to enjoy similar performance.
Everything else about the watch is perfect; benzel alignment, fit, finish and even the crown and He valve are right-side up and centered when screwed in (as opposed to sideways or upside down; weird observation, but my OCD loves it!). The lume stays readable all night and charges quickly. I have even accidentally bumped the crystal on a door frame, several dinner glasses and various file cabinets etc. and the coating is still flawless; so anybody concerned about the AR coating should relax.
Pictures on the internet or even holding one for a few minutes at the AD do not begin to convey the joy of owning and wearing it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
i'm glad you are having a great experiance with your P.O. mine landed on tuesday the 20th. i've not even had it a whole week yet and i am still seeing about the same result you are. gains 1 second a day and usually looses most of that second crown up overnight. i am running 1 and a half seconds fast after 5 days.

what an awesome watch! like you, i am impressed with everything about it. and man does that lume really pop!

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
That's great, congrats on an awesome choice. I have the same watch. A word of caution ... don't obsess over the accuracy. there are many factors that can and will affect accuracy, temperature being one. Enjoy that baby for what it is, a true mechanical marvel. You can make yourself crazy worrying about accuracy. After all, what's 3 or 4 seconds a day? Unless you are manually plotting a re-entry, it just don't matter. - Congrats, David

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
:-! enjoy the planet ocean. you will cherish it for many years to come. i still love mine every moment. congrats!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Congratulations - and welcome to the PO Brotherhood!

Mike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts