WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a watch I want to try with a NATO, but my existing one would not fit between the springbar and case, so I think I need a slimmer strap.

Any suggestions for one that is still a "true" NATO that protects against springbar failure? Would like a US based retailer for easy shipping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
My BP FF Mil-Spec has one of the tightest springbar-case spacing I've ever seen, but Crown & Buckle Chevron works well.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Search for “archer seatbelt nato” on Amazon. Supple, thin and quite nice for the money.

Reactions: The Dark Knight

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
1,317 Posts
Marathon makes thin single piece NATO straps. Mine took a year of use to break-in but the straps are good quality and comes with anti-magnetic buckles.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
The Zuludiver Marine Nationale NATO straps are quite thin. They're the thinnest I've seen that still feel strong enough to hold up to regular use. You can buy direct from Zuludiver or via WatchGecko.

Good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Since with a nato, for you to drop your watch, it would require both your spring bars to fail simultaneously, you can always consider thinner spring bars to allow more space. My Mk XV has very tight space and this small trick makes all the difference. When I put in on other straps I can use fatter bars.

Also, is Perlon out of the question? That's cheap as chips, even thinner than chips, near impossible to break, and look pretty cool. That would be the thinnest option I know of. I have one vintage watch with ridiculously small space and the only way to fit anyting is to use original curved bars and Perlon. But boy does it look good...

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Zuludiver Marine Nationale NATO straps are quite thin. They're the thinnest I've seen that still feel strong enough to hold up to regular use. You can buy direct from Zuludiver or via WatchGecko.

Good luck!
I've got a zulu diver nylon nato here and it's about 1mm thick, it's also pretty soft and supple.
Ballistic nylon is about twice that thickness.

·
Registered
428 Posts
For a thin strap...I went with a Crown & Buckle “Premium” and cut off the extra flap to make it (essentially) a Zulu.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The BluShark Alpha Shark Slim are some of the slimmest I've found on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! I ordered the BluShark strap and the Chevron strap some of you mentioned. Eager to try them out! Thank you again!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a watch I want to try with a NATO, but my existing one would not fit between the springbar and case, so I think I need a slimmer strap.

Any suggestions for one that is still a "true" NATO that protects against springbar failure? Would like a US based retailer for easy shipping.

Thanks!
Highly recommend Erika’s Originals, or Watch Steward straps. They both are good. Erika’s is quite a bit pricier.

They are thin and will not drop the watch if a springbar breaks. I find them both extremely comfortable and way more adjustable than any other strap or bracelet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Curved spring bars are another option you can try.

This is just the 1st option that appeared on Amazon.
Agreed. Curved spring bars are likely to help a lot.

Of the NATOs I've tried, the Alphashark Slim and Phenomenato straps are the thinnest.

I find the quality of the Phenomenato strap significantly better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Strap Mill Canada makes some high quality bent spring bars that can solve your problems. They have these especially strong ones in 2mm diameter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got the AlphaShark Slim, Knit Weave and Pajama Stretch straps from BluShark and they're all really good. Nice and slim. You get a decent discount from their website too if you use deals/voucher codes, I think I got around 40% off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts