WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I saw this model it was love at first site - I really really had to have it. Then I saw the 9330 Mudman and I got side tracked and it trumped the Ranger. I was not really looking after I got the Mudman, then for some reason I found myself looking in the for sale forum....now I usually like to by new as I like to know each nick, scrape or scuff I get - I admit that most of mine are rotation and they never see the elements. I have three watches that I wear in the elements - the DW6900 (semi-retired), GW7900-1JF and my PRG240. I figured that this one would go into that category so second hand pre loved was ok. I got it in after NOT getting it brought to me at lunch....got home, ripped the box open - literally - then grabbed a toothbrush and scrubbed it a bit - not long - then said OH CRAP! Whenever I get one pre loved I take apart the back to ensure it is sealed -oops luckily it did not leak...so I tried to calibrate the compass - everything I did every way it turned it said it was East...so I set it down let it settle and tried again later - it got better this time but still thing I need to calibrate again. So I took it out for a walk with the kids, we chased some FROGS (not that kind, the four legged ones...), I taught them how to catch small crickets and feed the looking bluegills and had a blast. got it into some elements and came home and decided to shoot it. I know I did not spend much time cleaning it and I know that when I shot it was not sparkly clean has some dust and flakes on it - but hey this is not going to be a desk driver so I shot it anyways. So here is the quick and dirty photos and I stop boring you with my babble.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Nice pickup getting the JF version with carbon fiber. I've often said if I could only have one G-shock (as if that were possible) it would be the standard Rangeman. Enjoy.
Thanks man! I think you might be right - it really is a very nice piece. It is different than a Frog, but is it better to me yet - I dont know - the honeymoon is just beginning so we will have to see. Something tells me that it will be go to work horse from here on out...

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Congrats Brvheart, great pickup!! Excellent photos also!!

I am a very big Rangeman fan, having 5 of them myself. But the version you just got, the black positive Rangeman from Japan, was my first one. Love it!! I'd be surprised if that ends up being your last Rangeman… they can be addictive just like all g-shocks! ;-) Enjoy! :-!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man!! Yeah I already want another...I really REALLY like this model. It will not be my last - I want that gray one and the all black, negative display with orange face dial to start...

Congrats Brvheart, great pickup!! Excellent photos also!!

I am a very big Rangeman fan, having 5 of them myself. But the version you just got, the black positive Rangeman from Japan, was my first one. Love it!! I'd be surprised if that ends up being your last Rangeman… they can be addictive just like all g-shocks! ;-) Enjoy! :-!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Beautiful pictures. You made the Rangeman look like a piece of art.

Reactions: brvheart

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful pictures. You made the Rangeman look like a piece of art.
Awww - thanks Raze :) I appreciate that comment!!

Less than a day in - this thing is REALLY nice and I already know what will be on my wrist tomorrow - this bad boy :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super duper nice. Great Ranger and great presentation. Top notch . Casio should hire you. At least for freelance :) :) Great poat. Great spirit! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Deepsea!! Your kind words are appreciated my friend :)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
When I was on holidays I wore my LY Rangeman a lot. I wish I had the basic Rangeman as a daily beater. This one (non-carbon strap veesion though) should probably get in my collection sooner or later. It's such a great watch.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congrats man, what you got there is a true man's watch IMO, i guess you can never find a girl wearing a ranger, it has that look that wont fit a girl's wrist. I have the same watch with the normal strap.
Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Amazing photos, drool-over quality :p :)

If I didn't already buy the Ranger, now I would have to, photos are so convincing. Especially the caseback shot, such nice details.

Enjoy wearing it |> Great to hear a Ranger that was made to be a tool watch will be used as one. Mine defenetly won't be getting any wear as a tool watch should :-d

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When I was on holidays I wore my LY Rangeman a lot. I wish I had the basic Rangeman as a daily beater. This one (non-carbon strap veesion though) should probably get in my collection sooner or later. It's such a great watch.

Cheers,
Sjors
You are right there Sjors - it is such a great piece of technology and just an all around well built piece. It really blew my expectations out and I had very high expectations for this one. Go get it in your collection - you will not be disappointed and I would bet that it grabs a lot of wrist time.
Congrats man, what you got there is a true man's watch IMO, i guess you can never find a girl wearing a ranger, it has that look that wont fit a girl's wrist. I have the same watch with the normal strap.
Wear it in good health.
This is so true. However I am going to take some wrist shots on Mrs.Brv since she failed to bring it to our lunch meeting....look for those soon....!!
Beautiful pics. The Rangeman IS Casio's masterpiece in my opinion. Of any watch I have ever worn it screams testosterone. I catch myself just staring at it on my wrist from time to time!
I agree completely - to me this IS the FLAGSHIP in the line up. I too find myself just looking down at it.
Amazing photos, drool-over quality :p :)

If I didn't already buy the Ranger, now I would have to, photos are so convincing. Especially the caseback shot, such nice details.

Enjoy wearing it |> Great to hear a Ranger that was made to be a tool watch will be used as one. Mine defenetly won't be getting any wear as a tool watch should :-d
Thanks brother! I agree - this thing is just lovely. Next time I shoot it - it will have a bunch of character marks and been through some situations that it should be living in :)
The more I see pics of the Rangeman, especially great pics like yours, the more I want to have one... JDM version preferably.
But this has to wait funds to be better.
I hear you there - I am going to have to take another leave of absence - I hit 4 in two weeks...no remorse yet though :)

Thank you again for all the kind words - you guys are a great group to share this addiction with :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happening!! After we watched your play-by-play - no thanks!!! I love it just the way it is!!!

Now I am awaiting another very very special package - cant wait to get that one ;-)

Well, hey, ​I love it. Beautiful photography, too. Now all you need is to hydro mod it...heh...heh...heh....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts