WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Very pretty! Love the bridge curvature and the "anglage".

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
To me, it looks like a Unitas cal. 83 (or, 84, 85, 86, 87 and 88) - it's a 16.5 lignes (36.6mm dia.) movement, suitable for a small pocketwatch. It is a movement from the late 1930s to the 1940s.

Reactions: Jolly Green John

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Wow. Very cool.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks cool! But errrr What time is it?
When a watch is fun to look at who cares about the time. :-d

People catch me looking at my watch and then ask for the time. I always have to take a second look because I have no clue. I would like to see the front of the watch. I certainly like the movement.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So that's a 649x - the plates on which he milled himself or something?
I just assumed the basis was the Russian Molnija (referred to affectionately in some quarters as the Molida or "grinder") or the Lip equivilent.

To me, it looks like a Unitas cal. 83 (or, 84, 85, 86, 87 and 88) - it's a 16.5 lignes (36.6mm dia.) movement, suitable for a small pocketwatch. It is a movement from the late 1930s to the 1940s.
Not for sure of the date of manufacture. It does bear some superficial resemblance to the Corteberts and MSTs.

The bridges are blued, and the screws golden… Nice!
I really like the contrasts.

When a watch is fun to look at who cares about the time. :-d People catch me looking at my watch and then ask for the time. I always have to take a second look because I have no clue. I would like to see the front of the watch. I certainly like the movement.
Don't know if the watch even has a bezel or dial manufactured for it at this point. If I get a picture I'll be sure to update the thread.

·
Registered
31,441 Posts
Nice attention to detail.

Almost looks like it should be worn upside down to show off the great movement.

Of course telling the time might take some flexibility of the wrist, but it would sure make a statement!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts