WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To round out the package on my new EZM, I took the bracelet plunge. I received a $97 rebate on the cost, having just purchased the EZM, so the cost was about $328. In short, it is worth every penny.

I have a number of watches with bracelets. For comparison, I have a 16610 Sub, 2254.50 Seamaster, an X-33 and a few SKXs with Strapcode bracelets. I am a real fan of tapered oyster bracelets. The Sub is unmatched.

For awhile I have studied the Sinn line up. The bracelet has never appealed to me greatly, mostly because it isn't an oyster. Having had my eyes opened by how good things look in the flesh, compared to how they look in photos, I decided to give the Sinn bracelet a chance. Before I purchased the 2254 I had a negative opinion of the wavy dial. In the flesh it is great. I had the same negative opinion of the bracelet style. It is very nice in person. The Sinn does not disappoint. It isn't an Oyster, but it has a good utilitarian look, that suits the watch perfectly. I could go for a tad more taper, but what it does have is fitting for the size of the case. It's a large watch and the bracelet is also substantial. My wrist is 7.7". I don't think I have a problem carrying this watch, but would not want to go much bigger.

The fit and finish is great. Comparing it to the $75 Strapcodes is a joke. There are no noticeable edges like they have (and by the way, I like them on the SKX). It's not quite on par with the Omegas or Rolex, but it's a lot closer to them than to the Strapcode.

My picture skills are the weak link here. I am too impatient to get these right like some of you do. Nevertheless, here they are:

Nice packaging
Black Wallet Leather Material property Eyewear

Kit includes extra spring bars, another Sinn tool, the two allen head wrenches needed to remove link screws and of course the bracelet. The protective tape is not too hard to remove.
Antique tool Tool Wood Furniture Games

These pictures are similar to what can be found on line, but no review is complete without them.
Watch accessory Strap Watch Metal Fashion accessory
Font Electronic instrument Technology Electronic device Metal

The clasp is kind of plain, but it feels durable, like the rest. It does have an extension. I'll get a picture of it later.
Buckle Fashion accessory Space Silver
White Black Metal
Corn Snake Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Colubridae

On the wrist.
Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Wrist Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Wrist Fashion accessory Arm Jewellery Hand
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Very nice!
Wrist Watch Analog watch Arm Watch accessory
Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant to include a comment on the installation. I heard it was a bear. I didn't find it any more difficult than any of my other bracelets to install. Apparently Sinn has adjusted the tolerances a little to make installation a tab bit easier.

·
Registered
603 Posts
To round out the package on my new EZM, I took the bracelet plunge. I received a $97 rebate on the cost, having just purchased the EZM, so the cost was about $328. In short, it is worth every penny.

I have a number of watches with bracelets. For comparison, I have a 16610 Sub, 2254.50 Seamaster, an X-33 and a few SKXs with Strapcode bracelets. I am a real fan of tapered oyster bracelets. The Sub is unmatched.

For awhile I have studied the Sinn line up. The bracelet has never appealed to me greatly, mostly because it isn't an oyster. Having had my eyes opened by how good things look in the flesh, compared to how they look in photos, I decided to give the Sinn bracelet a chance. Before I purchased the 2254 I had a negative opinion of the wavy dial. In the flesh it is great. I had the same negative opinion of the bracelet style. It is very nice in person. The Sinn does not disappoint. It isn't an Oyster, but it has a good utilitarian look, that suits the watch perfectly. I could go for a tad more taper, but what it does have is fitting for the size of the case. It's a large watch and the bracelet is also substantial. My wrist is 7.7". I don't think I have a problem carrying this watch, but would not want to go much bigger.

The fit and finish is great. Comparing it to the $75 Strapcodes is a joke. There are no noticeable edges like they have (and by the way, I like them on the SKX). It's not quite on par with the Omegas or Rolex, but it's a lot closer to them than to the Strapcode.

My picture skills are the weak link here. I am too impatient to get these right like some of you do. Nevertheless, here they are:

Nice packaging
View attachment 14125571

Kit includes extra spring bars, another Sinn tool, the two allen head wrenches needed to remove link screws and of course the bracelet. The protective tape is not too hard to remove.
View attachment 14125573

These pictures are similar to what can be found on line, but no review is complete without them.
View attachment 14125575
View attachment 14125577

The clasp is kind of plain, but it feels durable, like the rest. It does have an extension. I'll get a picture of it later.
View attachment 14125579
View attachment 14125581
View attachment 14125583

On the wrist.
View attachment 14125585
View attachment 14125587
View attachment 14125589
View attachment 14125591

Very nice!
View attachment 14125595
View attachment 14125593
Awesome write up. Really appreciate all the photos for us slower folks out there!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Have same for my EZM1.1
Sinn make this type of bracelets over 20 years.
Next time they come with a new version of clasp with fine tuning ;o)
Btw the super inbus screws are nicer for a toolwatch than any others.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a few days on the wrist, the clasp is starting to develop typical desk diving swirls. Normally I wouldn't care, but in the 856 UTC thread the original poster showed his tegimented clasp after several years, and it is flawless. Mine already looks a lot more used than his.

Can someone with the EZM1.1 on a bracelet tell me if my situation is normal? If it isn't, I'll see what Watchbuys have to say.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes my EZM1.1 clasp has also deskdiving swirls on it.
Like a silver shadow in the light.
For me it looks not so good tegimented ?!

·
Registered
990 Posts
This is just after 6 days? Well that doesn't look right...unless your desk top is made of 80 grit sandpaper.

The bracelet that came with my now gone 1.1 is at home. It does show surface rubs but not to this extent. I'll take some pics and post then tonight. It looks like yours are deeper than rub marks.

Perhaps a call to WatchBuys is in order.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spoke with the good folks at WB. They are willing to take my bracelet back and send it to Sinn for analysis. It turns out the swirls may be explicable. Either way, I am mostly concerned with the links, more so than the clasp. The gentleman at WB told me over the years they have returned many bracelets for hardness testing (for the same reason I started this thread). He said there has never been a reported problem with the tegimented material. That said, for new bracelets, they always replace the clasp if the bracelet is returned for evaluation.

In the department I oversee, we have Vickers Hardness testing capability. I'm going to have some hardness tests done on the links and clasp to see what develops. Sometimes components of low mass cause unpredictable values when tested with the kind of equipment we utilize, so this may not be fruitful. There are some work arounds, so we'll give it a try.

I still haven't remembered to bring my spare links in run PMI testing of the pins. I'll try to get all this done at the same time.

Stay tuned. It will probably be Wednesday before I get these tests done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have worn my 756 tegimented watch on the bracelet every day for nearly 15 years and it appears to look in better shape ;-)
Seriously, something looks amiss (or you have great photographic skills to enhance scratches).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have worn my 756 tegimented watch on the bracelet every day for nearly 15 years and it appears to look in better shape ;-)
Seriously, something looks amiss (or you have great photographic skills to enhance scratches).
That last part was pretty funny. No one has ever said that of my photography :) My wife's, yes. Mine, never.

I'll dig in and report back.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was able to get hardness testing done this morning. As a disclaimer, field testing small items, using the electronic tooling we have is sometimes unreliable. Had our test results shown values close to Sinn's published value of 1200 HV, I'd consider the matter closed. As it stands, our test results came in at 265HV - 325HV. I do not consider it a failure, but I do consider it cause for further evaluation by Sinn.

I'll be sending the bracelet back for their evaluation. The process includes sending it back to Watchbuys, who store it in house until they have enough return items to justify sending a package back to Germany. I'm told it can take awhile. As I have both Sinn strap and other watch options, this isn't a real problem.

Will continue to post details here as I get them.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more thing. I had the link pin evaluated to determine the base metal. It is a 316 stainless material. We used an Olympus DPO 2000, XRF Positive Material Analysis tool for this. It's like magic.....

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I heard back from the good folks at Watchbuys. Sinn has evaluated my bracelet and conclude the hardness value is within specification. They told WB "Some desktops are made with carborundum material, which is a lot harder than the tegimented steel material used to fabricate the watch and bracelet." Despite my direction (I am not the kind of customer that wants or needs to be given new things just because I raised a question), they are replacing the bracelet. It will be up to me to install a softer surface on my desk.

Sinn is a top shelf organization.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I heard back from the good folks at Watchbuys. Sinn has evaluated my bracelet and conclude the hardness value is within specification. They told WB "Some desktops are made with carborundum material, which is a lot harder than the tegimented steel material used to fabricate the watch and bracelet." Despite my direction (I am not the kind of customer that wants or needs to be given new things just because I raised a question), they are replacing the bracelet. It will be up to me to install a softer surface on my desk.

Sinn is a top shelf organization.
Glad to hear it worked out for you!!! Strange the bracelet held up so poorly but glad to see they gave you a new one!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It seems that Sinn makes killer watches but it's hurting in the bracelet department. For one, the clasp design is from the 70's, they have to modernize it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got the bracelet for my ezm 1.1 installed. Gotta say, the clasp is a let down. After having the watch on the rubber with the monster deployant which was built like a bank vault (and too big) the clasp on the bracelet just feels cheap. It reminds me of my oyster clasp from the 90's but not as well finished nor as precisely fit. Might haveti buy a 20mm deployant and give that a try....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts