WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The person that produced the misaligned dial of 556 is at it again. Except for this time he/she up the ante by rotating the dial a bit between printing of the luminous markers and non-luminous markers. I've forward the images to WatchBuys and also contacted Sinn via their website contact form. This is not my first Sinn, but it is the first Sinn that I had QC issue. I understand mishaps will occur in manufacturing, even the tightest QC standard would have a few noncompliant products slip through. It is just extremely unfortunate that it happens on the EZM1.1, especially considering this is a high profile LE. Hopefully, this will be resolved quickly, thus turning this QC slip into a great customer service story. Well, below are some photos of giggles.

IMG_4631.jpg
IMG_4632.jpg
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG

·
Premium Member
62,875 Posts
Hope you get it resolved O.K. Because IMO the Sinn is basically a high end watch and as such no flaws are acceptable.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just find it comical and feel embarrassed for them that this would happen on the top of line watch. My other Sinns of all different price points don’t have this dial printing issue. When I saw the 556 thread, I just thought wow that’s really bad luck in getting one like that. It turns out I have the same luck.
Heading to Las Vegas for the week. I shall put everything on green on the roulette table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I just find it comical and feel sorry for them that this would happen on the top of line watch. My other Sinns of all different price points don’t have this dial printing issue. When I saw the 556 thread, I just thought wow that’s really bad luck in getting one like that. It turns out I have the same luck.
Heading to Las Vegas for the week. I shall put everything on green on the roulette table.

Thanks for the heads up ten, i hope all new owners give their pieces a good look over and check in. Ive just rechecked my EZM10 and U212 i hope they put that staff member that did mine on to fixing yours up as it is as completely expected to be a "spot on". mission timer..all the best Dave

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't really understand how it would happen. I would expect that the dial is laid out with CAD software, where you would make 1 marker and copy it radially at specific degree increments. No reason why the layout wouldn't be exact, and I would expect the manufacturing process to replicate the computer designed layout. Shoot, CNC machining is to fractions of micrometers, right? In this day and age I don't see where the human error would come into it, except maybe misaligning the entire dial insert...but that shouldn't get past QC.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lumed markers (the wider marker) and the non lumed marker are printed in separate steps/tools. So a slight shift would cause the mistake we see in my dial. It’s not uncommon in production to have these issues, but for the most part they are worked out in production verification trial. For consumer electronic product like a smartphone the trial could be thousands of product to fine tune all the steps.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Far out....i hope a few of the owners chime in soon with status of their dials,or im not commiting to one prior to seeing it in flesh

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surprising that this was missed, what with the Germans being so German.
Probably was preoccupied with moving into the new office. lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DaveandStu

·
Registered
340 Posts
Probably was preoccupied with moving into the new office. lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yea, I was thinking about that too, couple of these misalignments just after moving. Let's hope there aren't more of these, specially at this price point...

·
Registered
285 Posts
The EZM 1.1 is a Limited Edition of just 500 pieces ........ So.... I wonder how many EZM 1.1 specific spare parts, such as dials, Sinn would typically hold for future servicing requirements?

·
Premium Member
62,875 Posts
The EZM 1.1 is a Limited Edition of just 500 pieces ........ So.... I wonder how many EZM 1.1 specific spare parts, such as dials, Sinn would typically hold for future servicing requirements?
Sinn are reputed to be pretty good when it comes to holding spares. I hope it's true as I've got a L.E. coming my way and first dibs on another.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update. My EZM1.1 will be heading back to Sinn via WatchBuys for farther evaluation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Quick update. My EZM1.1 will be heading back to Sinn via WatchBuys for farther evaluation.
I think mine may have a slight misalignment as well, but it doesn’t yet bother me enough to send it back to Germany. Here is a pic that may help with your case. Please update your thread with progress.

IMG_0089.JPG

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Try that again. I see it at the 35m marker most (25 on the bezel)
Looks like your non-lumed markers are misaligned in a clockwise rotation. Mine was counterclockwise. Even though it might not bother you now. I would suggest you inform AD and Sinn about it so Sinn could really look into their production process on the dial. As they haven’t delivered all 500 units, perhaps they could address this for yet to delivered EZM1.1.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think I saw a few more in the "New Sinn EZM 1.1 Limited Edition" thread, ugh. Wonder if all 1.1 dials were made in one production run months ago. Now that Sinn is aware of the issue, hopefully Sinn would stop dial production and watch shipping until the problem was identified and resolved, and examine and replace any problem dials before shipping. Hope so, would think a high percentage of Sinn customers are enthusiasts with a fine attention to details and rightfully high expectations.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I think it’s possible that you guys are seeing misalignment but it may just be slight distortion from the curve of the crystal.
Wishful thinking, HoppyJR. I know this is difficult to believe, considering EZM1.1 is one of the iconic and top of the range offering. My 856UTC, multiple 103 and multiple EZMs are perfectly aligned. However, the misalignment happened on EZM1.1. The misalignment are between lumed indices (60, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 ...) and non-lumed indices. All indices are on the same plane/dial surface, so any parallax from double dome crystal is really not an issue for causing visual distortion of distances between adjacent indices.

To the credit of WatchBuys and Sinn, they immediately asked me to send the watch back after reviewing the photos I provided to them. As indicated in the previous post, my EZM1.1 is going back to Sinn via Watchbuys to get this issue addressed.

I would suggest other EZM1.1 owners to forward their misalignment indices photos to Sinn. So Sinn can troubleshoot what went wrong in the process.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Quick update
11/27 - FedEx watch to WatchBuys
11/29 - WatchBuys received my EZM1.1 today, will prepare it for the journey back to Sinn.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts