WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Asking as it's an interesting concept to me. The date would end up at 10:30 but be the correct way. The argon would escape the watch. I believe the feet of the 2824 dial would allow a 180 degree turn around. Would the date then turn at 6 oclock daily?
I have looked for posted photographs and have not been able to find any, nor any other reference to this online. However, I'm sure this has been done.
Sorry if this offends Sinn purists, but I am very interested if anyone has further information on this notion. :thanks

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
The date would be upside down, I think, and the window wouldn't match the numerals (as the date disk moves in 31 steps, and rotating by 180° would necessitate an even number of steps.

Date change at midnight would be effected by resetting the hands on the pinions.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your respnse, Crusader.

It is difficult to think this one through.

I believe the date would be the correct way as it is upside-down at the opposite end anyway.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is wonderful, John. Thank you very much for posting those photos. More research to do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thank you for your respnse, Crusader.

It is difficult to think this one through.

I believe the date would be the correct way as it is upside-down at the opposite end anyway.
Umm.. How do you get that. The date would be upsidedown in the 10:30 position. Period.

Turn your watch 180 deg. That's what your date would look like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The date will NOT be upside down if you rotate the dial in your watch and wear your watch correctly :-! The date is upside down at the 10.30 hours position when the watch is original. Rotate the dial 180 degrees, dial upside down, date upside down. Rotate the complete watch 180 degrees and everything is readable.

But as Crusader already mentioned..probably the date will not line up in the date window on the dial.
Don't forget to remove the hands and install them correctly to the 180 degrees turned dial.

·
Registered
449 Posts
ok - its interesting but any reason to do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts