WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Aaah you...Your incurable :p good read. It is interesting how he suggests that to try and start an independant company now would be trumendously difficult owing to the fact that the larger conglomerates have bought up all of the valuable resources. Such a shame...

Reactions: AbuKalb93

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there ever comes a day I am cured...it would be the day I am no longer a WIS...

I found his comparison of annual output with other brands interesting. How he went from himself to Patek and then Patek to Rolex. I always knew 900 was a small number but it was never really clear just how small. Interesting even between Patek and Rolex. Now I know what high-end exclusivity really means.

Now to get to memorizing the article..:D

Reactions: The Naf

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
how about from 900 to 10 al la Roger Smith ;-) Hoping to ramp up production to 30 an year apparently :-D

Reactions: WatchFrog

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crazy right?? GF has about 110, Dufour is at 15 and and im not sure about Kari V but its under 50 for sure. Those numbers make FPJ seem like a lot lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts