WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks

Hope you all had a good holiday.Mine wasn't so good.I spent a few days diving and now have a problem with my F1 Grand date.

The battery went flat while on holiday and had it replaced at a non AD jeweller.

While diving it was fine with no water leaks but after the flight home i found it had water condensed inside.I packed it in a bag of rice but that did nothing.It's now stopped working 4 days after i noticed the water inside.

My question is this.......as the watch is out of the warranty period would i be able to fit a ETA movement into it.If it is possible which ETA movement will work with the F1?

Thanks

Brett

·
Registered
690 Posts
ideally you need to take the back off to get the moisture out best,if your quick enough it's possible to save the movement.

If not a movement swap is simple and straight forward procedure.Are the hands and dial are ok if not then there is more expense.We need the model number of the watch to tell you what movement you need.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I agree it's possible to save the movement, the wet conditions inside the watch may be playing havoc, see what's it's like once it's been dried out, you should unscrew the crown at the very least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts