WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I was wondering if someone might be able to help give me some insight as to why my F1 might not be working after putting in a new battery. It gave me the low battery warning but it completely died before I could change it. Now with a new battery the second hand is not moving, so I assume the movement isn't working at all. Anything I'm missing or anything I can troubleshoot on to why ?

1431525784413_29002-r8iu9z.JPG

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sometimes you have to contact the exposed battery to the metal of the surrounding frame to kick start it! I know the casios needed that... But PLEASE refer to your user manual before doing this!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes you have to contact the exposed battery to the metal of the surrounding frame to kick start it! I know the casios needed that... But PLEASE refer to your user manual before doing this!!!!
I wondered if that was a process that needed here. But can't find any docs or info about it. Also I posted the picture as some people have said there is an insulator to shield the battery from the movement under the finger contact. But I'm not sure if mine had one and it flew out when the battery popped and I didn't see it. So maybe I shorted the circuit? I'm not sure how to find out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just opened my Grande F1 as it was not running anymore either, checked the battery which was 0.64 volt, replaced it and it's working again.
I noticed you are missing the insulator, here is mine from the inside:
FullSizeRender.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts