WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That makes sense. I hadn't through of that. I'm fine with things being cross listed, it's when they do an auction and have to end it that makes it frustrating.
Yes, especially if you're looking at getting a bargain, without another bidder ;) - got a couple that I was the only bidder on, and got them at the starting price(y);)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I saw a nice poljot de lux listed from $1. Some sellers make this mistake thinking that everyone will just jump bidding but... no one bids. Or only a few people. So I won it for a few $ including shipping... so the seller has to give it up at a loss because the shipping alone is more than the price. At this time I feel bad about taking advantage of the seller but I say to myself: that was his decision to list at this price. Right? I pay. He marks it shipped. And then I notice he has a 0 rating and did not provide tracking number. Obviously he did not respond to 2 of my messages. 2nd time this happens to me. I am pretty sure I get no watch. Just waiting for ebay to allow me to raise ‘item did not arrive’ in the mid of Jan. Then I get my money back. Not sure if they will be able to get it from the seller....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I saw a nice poljot de lux listed from $1. Some sellers make this mistake thinking that everyone will just jump bidding but... no one bids. Or only a few people. So I won it for a few $ including shipping... so the seller has to give it up at a loss because the shipping alone is more than the price. At this time I feel bad about taking advantage of the seller but I say to myself: that was his decision to list at this price. Right? I pay. He marks it shipped. And then I notice he has a 0 rating and did not provide tracking number. Obviously he did not respond to 2 of my messages. 2nd time this happens to me. I am pretty sure I get no watch. Just waiting for ebay to allow me to raise ‘item did not arrive’ in the mid of Jan. Then I get my money back. Not sure if they will be able to get it from the seller....
My two were slightly different, in that they hadn't got 'free' postage, so the seller didn't make too much of a 'loss' though.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm ok with people not active on the forum being part of a Project watch as it often helps to reach the necessary number of buyers to complete the project, but i find it a little frustrating (or really annoying) when they only come once every 2 to 6 months, not even bothering to read the thread of said project to find information and just asking "when will the watch will be ready ?" before disappearing again...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I must confess that since I have been into Russian watches If I put on a pair of readers and they don't have a eye loop cliped to them It just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yeah, I've got a few of those in the past, sometimes with excuses like "It was my cousin's watch and he asked me for a favour to sell it for him, but he sold it without telling me."
A while back I also made the mistake to list some good watches at $1 starting bid and sold them for pocket change (a good Vympel for 20 something dollars). Of course I shipped them all and I'm telling myself I made some dudes really happy for a while.
It helps being phylosophical about it :cool:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I got this VOSTOK Komandirskie K-35 (350515) for free, spent <$1 on material to make a bezel spring and I have to say...it's quite awesome.

My first VOSTOK!
View attachment 15598980 View attachment 15598981 View attachment 15598982
I got this VOSTOK Komandirskie K-35 (350515) for free, spent <$1 on material to make a bezel spring and I have to say...it's quite awesome.

My first VOSTOK!

I am curious as to what brand of dry dog food you have posed your Komanderskie in? ..... :)
View attachment 15598980 View attachment 15598981 View attachment 15598982

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dislike them Vostok diver watches, or any other watches from any brand with that aesthetic for that matter, though the first ever Russian watch I ordered back in 2017 was an Amphibian 670927🙄

It's been vintage Soviets/early post-USSR Russians all the way since then. All 100+ of them😄

Then at the end of January 2021 I ordered 3 of them Scuba Dudes (420379, 120658 and 090657M) within a couple of days of each other. Now waiting for them to arrive:D

I believe my hairspring needs demagnetising. Really😅😂

Shahrin:cool:

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using TapirTalk

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I bought my first Vostok in 2018; I now have 24 with more inbound and they are taking over my collection. I've become addicted :eek:

Long way to go before I catch up with Mario though...

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I have currently three relatively cheap pieces in sight and I HOPE I can then stop at that. I just fear that I will still have the wish to get the original NVCh-30 and the original Raketa Amphibian, and maybe a couple of other pieces... ah, it will probably never stop!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I know that sometimes you can gently tap a watch to get it to start going after it has been unwound and sitting for a while. I always have to remind myself to be really gentle as the second hand can come off if you are too enthusiastic, or so I've heard. :cautious:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I know that sometimes you can gently tap a watch to get it to start going after it has been unwound and sitting for a while. I always have to remind myself to be really gentle as the second hand can come off if you are too enthusiastic, or so I've heard. :cautious:
Trust me it's true, or if your doing a 2409 mod you just finished and you are admiring your work
and "pop" it's floating in the case :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Vostok Amphibia 090 - hand built
2,300 Posts
I often bring a dead watch back to life with gentle "whapping" in different orientations of the watch into the palm of my hand, just enough to shift the innards inside a bit but gentle persuasion can bring sometimes the movement back into working. It would still need a service because of the dried out oil that seized it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It really bugs me when on my 3133s the chrono hand is not exactly centered, but slightly left or right - like on this one, 0.2s ahead:

View attachment 15836712

I think I'm gonna learn taking off and putting hands on just for this reason alone.
That really pisses me off as well

261 - 280 of 317 Posts