WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 11064 Posts

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place where you come clean about a watch fact about yourself that may shock and outrage the masses. I'll begin.

-- I guess display casebacks don't mean a thing to me
; I don't spend a moment looking at the casebacks of any of my watches -- even the ones with nice, decorated rotors like my Citizen Signature Grand Classic.

-- I'm pretty sure I don't like NATOs. I have a distressed leather Zulu strap that I kind of like. But nylon-ish NATOs? I keep trying and keep not particularly liking.

Attachments

·
Vendor
25,713 Posts
I sometimes hide cookies and tell my sons they're all gone, so I can be sure they don't eat them all before I get any.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well, since we are in a safe space....

- I think the SKX007 is hideous and overpriced when you can have the Orient Mako;
- I always assume anything under 39 mm is girlish (my most un-affordable watch is 37,5 but was a gift from my mum so..);
- I sneak new watches in the house after getting them delivered at work;
- I keep all my bezels perfectly aligned, if I see someone with a bezel pip NOT at 12 I freak out

Now, that was liberating

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
-I don't understand how anyone here isn't aware that their affordable "Swiss" watch comes from China

-I dislike the whole "homage to a current model" thing a lot. And in general calling a photocopied watch an homage. Milsub homage? Fine. Those Rodinas......?

-I'll never understand how anyone would buy a used leather strap. Or nylon.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I sometimes hide cookies and tell my sons they're all gone, so I can be sure they don't eat them all before I get any.
I don't have any children but am getting older and fear the day I can actually hide cookies from myself ... on second thought it may not be terrible. Imagine going through your senior years constantly finding cookies ... yum.

... and I generally dislike all "forum favorites".

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
F71 Anonymous. I feel safe already.

1. I take off my watch while I'm pooping and stare at the movement or dial until I'm finished. This can take up to 20 minutes on a bad day.
2. I judge people that wear Armani watches.
3. I judge people that reply to a post and quote all the images therein, making me have to scroll ad infinitum. You're ruining my internet.
4. If my WRUW post gets more "likes" than others, I feel like a boss and strut around the house flexing my muscles going "YEAH! YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT!"

·
Registered
27,051 Posts

- I think the SKX007 is hideous and overpriced when you can have the Orient Mako;
Interesting. I've heard people say they don't care for the looks, but never yet heard it called overpriced.

Maybe I'm sensitive because it's my favorite watch, but don't worry we're still in the trust tree

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
1. I spent my first two years here afraid of what I assumed was the racket of the Swiss watch industry. I avoided them like the plague, equating them somehow to the South African diamond cartel.

2. No facts supported my paranoia.

3. I now own mostly Swiss watches, but mostly because the Japanese don't make many 44-45mm watches I like, not because I'm a snob.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
1. I spent my first two years here afraid of what I assumed was the racket of the Swiss watch industry. I avoided them like the plague, equating them somehow to the South African diamond cartel.

2. No facts supported my paranoia.

3. I now own mostly Swiss watches, but mostly because the Japanese don't make many 44-45mm watches I like, not because I'm a snob.
... and to that point I find most Japanese designed watches completely out of proportion. While we had t drag them kicking and screaming over the 39mm mark they insist upon keeping them on silly looking 20mm bracelets ... that taper to something even less. I fear they will never "get it".

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

- I sneak new watches in the house after getting them delivered at work;

Now, that was liberating
THIS.

Me too, and whenever I'm telling my wife I'm selling off another one, I'm not sure she's twigged yet that my watch box doesn't actually look any emptier. Luckily she's super busy with her work and actually supports my little hobby because I tend not to overspend (yet). She actually thinks it's really cool that I find new homes for the watches I don't want anymore because we do all tend to throw out so much stuff these days in the trash without thinking about it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The only thing more pointless than see through case backs are open heart or skeleton watches. Kind of like putting a window on the side of the engine in a car, I don't need to see inside it to know it's running.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
- I feel like a second class WUS member because I don't have an avatar or a signature but I'm too lazy to change that which makes me feel even worse

- The best watches to me are the ones with the biggest discounts

- Nobody seems to have the right shade of blue

- I don't like anything CWard makes and I don't know why they're getting more and more expensive each year

- There are a ton of watches I'd like to own but I can't justify having so many so I'll have none of them.

- The bargains thread should be stickied

- Why don't people list what aftermarket strap they have on when they post pics

- I come up with the stupidest rules when it comes to browsing watches and the worst part is that I actually follow them

- I spend more time looking at watches than wearing them

·
Registered
937 Posts
The only thing more pointless than see through case backs are open heart or skeleton watches. Kind of like putting a window on the side of the engine in a car, I don't need to see inside it to know it's running.
Ouch!
Guess I just wasted about 25hrs creating just that.

And here, I thought it was like a peep show and I was admitting to a kind of voyeurism.
To each their own.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I kinda think the Orient Mako / Ray look kinda cheap... sorry Mako/ Ray fans the dial looks hella cheap plastic like every time I see it.

the Casio MDV106 doesn't do anything for me either... I'd rather save for a 007/009 then buy one..

mods of the SKX's generally make me sad.... like look at that watch that they ruined...I have seen some mods that are ok but most of them I don't love. (especially this...if you want a DOXA so *** **** bad save money up and buy one)

the SKX is my spirit animal... I love it it is one of the best budget watches ever ... even it's flaws only add to it's charms... the fact you can't hand-wind it... just make you want to wear it...perfect...

i laugh out loud everytime I look at a invicta display

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
when I was younger I had a gaming pc with the stupid side window panel thing that is probably still popular~ish I hated it.. have to spend a bunch of time trying to make all the cables / whatever look all neat and tidy. I quickly got rid of that computer case and haven't had a case with a window since... I also do not like at all open heart watches..

1 - 20 of 11064 Posts