·
Registered
2,123 Posts
The applied indices on the dial and the grey "radiance" is right on

the bezel numbers do not look raised

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I just think It looks like there's shadows but I'm on the phone so might just be fooling me :)

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

·
Registered
868 Posts
I see screw heads in the bracelet but also arrows on the underside I assume for pushpins.
Are the links screwed or pinned ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Did we lose drilled lugs and the baby winged squid?
I thinks it's because it's an early proto..

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looking good so far.

Looks like the end links on the case back are recessed too, kind of like how the SubC is, so they are flush with the case back.

It looks like there is a crystal on there, if so, any chance we can get a close up of the slight dome?

·
Registered
842 Posts
The first prototype components have arrived at Hexa headquarters for approval and we are very pleased with the samples. The completed prototype is on track and expected next month.

Please enjoy the images and let us know your thoughts.

-Rocky

View attachment 1561206

View attachment 1561208

Only one thing that comes up to me to address, the way the endlink and lug ends of the case match up. Anyway to be sure that flows together a bit better?

Outside of that, I'm flat stupid excited over this guys! Beautimous!

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Loving the look of the dial!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I hope we did not loose them. The drilled lugs would make this the perfect piece.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That is looking like the start of a very rugged dive watch. That dial is definitely spot on and should be one to see in person.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Todays pics look good. A very classic, retro-look to the diver. Well done.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Looks good so far, but i was hoping the bracelet links would be more angular think Atrego/Armida not so rounded, but it still looks good :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Love the blocky "toolish" case with the refined dial and bezel. I'm looking forward to my #18!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
No new production news to share this week - everything is still nicely on schedule as we wait for the final components of the prototype to be manufactured. We will do our best to catch up on any questions submitted throughout the week:

Any rough timeframe on when balance will need to be paid?
We will send invoices for the balance once the watches are completed, shortly before they ship. We are hoping for early Nov.

Are the bezel numbers “raised” - do the numbers go further out that the bezel?
No, the bezel numbers are lumed and flush with ceramic insert

I see screw heads in the bracelet but also arrows on the underside I assume for pushpins. Are the links screwed or pinned ?
Links are screwed.

While drilled lugs may have been discussed among forum members, they were not part of the design at any stage. However, the end links for this model do allow for easy access and strap changes, while maintaining a more refined aesthetic for the lugs. The lug length and shape do not allow room for drilling where the bar end inserts into the inside of the lug.

The Cthulhu case back art is intact as planned - this case back is a pre-prototype sample of the component w/no engraving

The way the end link and lug ends of the case match up. Anyway to be sure that flows together a bit better?
The current configuration was the best way to achieve the shortest possible lug-to-lug with the chosen bracelet, and its large links. It flows naturally on the wrist, as the end links meet up with the next links at the correct angle.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The way the end link and lug ends of the case match up. Anyway to be sure that flows together a bit better?
The current configuration was the best way to achieve the shortest possible lug-to-lug with the chosen bracelet, and its large links. It flows naturally on the wrist, as the end links meet up with the next links at the correct angle.

Figured, but hey, one can ask, right? LOL

Looking forward to next update, especially caseback work.....

21 - 40 of 784 Posts