WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys,
No news to report...but we are still on track and have already green lighted a majority of the components for final production. At this point we are waiting on the hands to be finished so we can get our hands on the proto.

-Rocky
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Happy birthday to H.P. Lovecraft today...
HPBDay.jpg
Deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, entombed within the strange stone city of R'lyeh, lies dormant a being of unimaginable power. To even look upon his form may cost you your sanity. He has lain beneath the waters for eons, and will continue to do so until the stars align, whereupon he will awaken and reclaim dominion over the Earth...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Hi All - We are expecting an update this week on prototype delivery and subsequent final production timeline. All is moving forward as planned. It seems that the hands provider was a little backed up with orders. We will be sure to update the thread in real time as soon as we have any new news to share. Thanks for your patience.

-Vic

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Thanks Vic!

I have to say that I, for one, really appreciate the weekly updates, even when it's just to let us know things are on track.

"I'm just a witness"

·
Registered
37,672 Posts
Thanks Vic! Looking forward to seeing the Prototypes. Appreciate the updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hello All:
• Prototype is almost complete - the only remaining components in progress are the hands and crown, which we hope to review soon. We have requested and received physical samples of all components as each was developed, so there should be no surprises by the time the prototype is complete - and we can move directly into production.

• After reviewing the dial samples, we requested that the brightness of the lume be improved if possible. As you know, BG W9 is not quite as bright as C3 - but we still felt that it could be improved. We have received a new sample, this time in the form of our ceramic bezel insert. We are much happier with this iteration and have approved it for production:

• We are exploring the idea of producing a limited number of F74 Cthulhu straps with our next run. Please check out the mockup and let us know your thoughts!

That's it for this Sunday - will be back next week with any updates.
-Vic
Yes to rubber.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks Vic, I cannot wait to see the prototype!! I think I speak for us all when I say that I am really grateful for the weekly updates!!

Never been so excited for a watch!!!

Cheers
Ben

Sent from my iPad using Magic and Unicode

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Even when it is just "everything is moving along" I still appreciate the updates!

Reactions: Jeep99dad

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A bonus rubber strap would be nice for people who have already paid in full!

Just sayin'... ;-)

Reactions: Jeep99dad

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Any chance of the rubber Strap to be "fitted" at the lugs? (eg. There are no gaps between the case and the strap).
Would make it look more well finished.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any chance of the rubber Strap to be "fitted" at the lugs? (eg. There are no gaps between the case and the strap).
Would make it look more well finished.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Would be great if we could see a picture of current hexa rubber strap fitted to prototype case so we can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Prototype is completed! Just waiting on a black date wheel and it I'll be headed our way. Hopefully we will see it next week.
Excited!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
While waiting for this week's update I found Summoning Cthulhu for Dummies
and decided to try and call out to Cthulhu... I chanted:
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

The chant works!
Cthulhu.JPG
Tastes like chicken... (of the sea?)
Tastes like chicken....JPG
Try it: Summoning-Cthulhu-For-Dummies

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
This waiting is killing me.. :-D i can't wait to see the finished proto, and get my watch in the hands!! And I somehow never realised that it would be a black date window!! Very cool

What are you guys planning strap wise?

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

121 - 140 of 784 Posts