WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent a day in Frankfurt, and made the obligatory pilgrimage to the Sinn factory. Here are a few photos from the visit.

The full lineup

U-Series

U1

I spent some time checking out each model. Here are some random observations.

-I expected the U1 to be the standout of the bunch, but it actually looked kinda small in person to me. The dial is about the same size as my 356.

-The Regulateur series is attractive, but I find alligator straps cheesy. I'm sure they would look great on a thick oiled leather strap.

-The Frankfurt Financial watches are well-designed, they seem to have the most "presence". All that shiny steel might be a bit of a scratch magnet though.

-In general, the watches on display are in fairly rough condition. They must get handled a ton - there are dents and scratches on each one. The tegimented models hold up the best, by far.

It was a worthwhile visit. The guy working there was cool, too. My goal was to decide between the U1, 757 and 857 models. It's impossible to pick a favorite. I'll probably have get two: the U1, a coin toss to decide between the 757 and 857.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Love that black bezel on the U2.

·
Registered
882 Posts
SDR looks strange.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
wow! that looks like fun!! hope I get a chance to do that someday :-!

and that U1 with PVD bezel on bracelet looks great!

thanks for sharing!

cheers,

Peter

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
One hell of a Sinn collection. I'd probably visit the factory as well if given the opportunity.

b-)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Two questions:

How does the staff keep the "inventory" intact? The collection appears to be so open.

Are the Sinn watch display watch cases for sale? Looks like a nice travel case - stackable.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,388 Posts
How does the staff keep the "inventory" intact? The collection appears to be so open.
The escape route is not very direct. The factory is in a converted apartment building with limited access to the showroom. To get to the showroom you have to enter the front door, go through the foyer to another doorway, go up the staircase one floor, go through another door, down a long hall and through yet another door. Once there you're met with a very helpful sales person and usually a watchmaker. You'd have to be pretty slick (and fast) to make off with anything without a sales receipt. ;-)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
That U1 SDR is a sexy sexy beast. Great photos, thanks for sharing them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts