WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new G-9000 muddies have been out for a while, what do people think a fair price for a DW-8400 Mudman should be? Also, where should one look for one (apart from here, obviously...)?

I've got a bit of cash put aside but don't want to pay too much out of ignorance!

Happy New Year, y'all

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid 40 quid for mine a couple of months ago, not mint, but good condition, its a great watch i love it. Also have the codename with the same casing thats mint. See photo, cheers neil
Can you give me the details of your Codename, please? If I can't get a Muddie then that would be a good second choice...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Martin,

A DW-8500 (first model Codename) is pretty hard to find. I have one and have seen a hand full of them for sale the past years. It doesn't have the gadgets of the DW-8800 Codename Cipher (morsecode functions)., but If I'm right it has the vital statistics function (blood type, passport and creditcardnumber, etc).

A DW-8400 Mudman must not to hard to track down. The basic model was sold worldwide and quiet a lot of them too. If you find one, it would probably quiet affordable. I'm thinking about €50.- to €70, but maybe you an find one cheaper.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Martin,

A DW-8500 (first model Codename) is pretty hard to find. I have one and have seen a hand full of them for sale the past years. It doesn't have the gadgets of the DW-8800 Codename Cipher (morsecode functions)., but If I'm right it has the vital statistics function (blood type, passport and creditcardnumber, etc).

A DW-8400 Mudman must not to hard to track down. The basic model was sold worldwide and quiet a lot of them too. If you find one, it would probably quiet affordable. I'm thinking about €50.- to €70, but maybe you an find one cheaper.

Cheers,

Sjors
So, around £35-45, then, which ties up with Bridger's estimate.

Thanks, guys - that's affordable to me. It has to be said, most ads I've seen for a DW-8400 ask way more than this.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts