WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....I am now the proud owner of a really cool new standard Navitimer (with a black strap and deployant clasp). I didn't get it on a SS bracelet as the AD gave me a sweet deal on an in-stock watch and thats all they had on hand. Based on the recommendations of the many knowledgeable members of this highly respected forum, I am now in the hunt for a bracelet to use when I get bored with the strap.

Anyway, I found a new 431A bracelet for $775 from an internet dealer and wanted to know if that is a fair deal.

Please PM me if you have another reputable source that can provide a better deal.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Okay....I am now the proud owner of a really cool new standard Navitimer (with a black strap and deployant clasp). I didn't get it on a SS bracelet as the AD gave me a sweet deal on an in-stock watch and thats all they had on hand. Based on the recommendations of the many knowledgeable members of this highly respected forum, I am now in the hunt for a bracelet to use when I get bored with the strap.

Anyway, I found a new 431A bracelet for $775 from an internet dealer and wanted to know if that is a fair deal.

Please PM me if you have another reputable source that can provide a better deal.

Thanks,
Chris

It is a little bit over what I would expect to pay, but I have turned into a loyal customer with my Breitlings and my dealer knows me well.

Unlike for a watch, getting a discount on a separately sold bracelet is much more difficult, even more so if you are a novice and haven't built a rapport with a dealer yet.

Further, you need to consider that Breitling bracelets are among the more expensive ones, but the quality justifies the price. All links are solid and any link that can be removed is screwed, not fixed in place with cheaper pins.

So, if it fits and if it's new, I would still consider this an acceptable price.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

Thanks,
Chris

It is a little bit over what I would expect to pay, but I have been a loyal customer with my Breitlings and my dealer knows me well.

Unlike for a watch, getting a discount on a separately sold bracelet is difficult, even more so if you are a novice and haven't built a rapport with a dealer yet.

You need to consider that Breitling bracelets are among the more expensive ones, but the quality justifies the price. All links are solid and any link that can be removed is screwed, not fixed in place with cheaper pins.

A few months back I ordered separately an earlier 5-link Navitimer bracelet for my early 90's Cosmonaute. After milking all the possible discounts out of my dealer, I still paid about $650.- and that took a call to the regional purchase manager, not the store manager.

So, if it fits and if it's new, I would still consider it an acceptable price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts