WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it is fair to use ebay as a pricing guide when buying watches? I can get a pretty good idea of what is going on with many completed auctions and current listings that are going to sell or aren't going anywhere.

What else should I be using?

The key part in my mind is not seeing listings where people are advertising prices but actually seeing listings that say the item was purchased at that price, ie: what the market is actually bearing for item X.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
A bazillion ppl look at watches on ebay.
They definitely set a correct price with rare exceptions.

S

·
0 Posts
Do you think it is fair to use ebay as a pricing guide when buying watches? I can get a pretty good idea of what is going on with many completed auctions and current listings that are going to sell or aren't going anywhere.

What else should I be using?

The key part in my mind is not seeing listings where people are advertising prices but actually seeing listings that say the item was purchased at that price, ie: what the market is actually bearing for item X.
Well, ebay pricing can give you a hint, I am looking at watch auction results and (german) online sources too (like www.uhrennet.com, www.uhrenpreise.de).

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Absolutely. But consider that the watches sold are in all sorts of different condition and this will impact the selling price.

JohnF

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I figure age and condition being the major things to look out for and its actually a bit of work to dredge this stuff up and categorize it.

Mike: I will keep an eye on those too, rather looking for something more close to home but it looks like ebay plain dominates here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts