WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Fake Frogman models:

To know how a fake Frogman looks like, it maybe best to know how the real one looks like. Check the "quote" box:

This is how a real DW-8200 Frogman must look like:

Note the single line upper display, the double line lower dislay, red lettering, except for white split, reset and log data lettering. The lettering on the watchband should be white too. Note there is a version around that looks pretty close to the DW-9900 display (double upper, single lowert display).
Examples of Fakes:

Note: this is a Fake GW-200 model, the TITANIUM ring doesn't appear!

Beware of fakes!

Sjors and Frank!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this very same Frogman (GW200TC) right here in my hand, I would say it looks
100% genuine,screws,buckle etc are all in silver and titanium backplate. Triple Crown of Surfing Ltd Edition,bit expensive though and I`m keeping mine !!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have this very same Frogman (GW200TC) right here in my hand, I would say it looks
100% genuine,screws,buckle etc are all in silver and titanium backplate. Triple Crown of Surfing Ltd Edition,bit expensive though and I`m keeping mine !!!
Cool and the gang - thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Fake Frogman models:

Beware of fakes!

Sjors and Frank!
I met someone wearing this fake. But it look good, if you don't know what a Frogman looks like, you wouldn't notice it was a fake, it was finely made.

Unless there is a Frog model that has 3 eyes. Is there?

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
The bezel, straps and case look real, is it possible that these are "dead" frogs and that someone has just put whatever module they had into? Just wondering if these may be a parts source?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The bezel, straps and case look real, is it possible that these are "dead" frogs and that someone has just put whatever module they had into? Just wondering if these may be a parts source?
I had the same thought once...and it *might* be possible...but the problem is that even if they were molded in the same dimensions as the Casio bezels/straps, there is probably nonexistent quality control going on here. So I would bet good money that the resin would feel cheap, the lettering would be too shallow, too thin, etc. You can already see that in most of them, the bezel "screws" are way off. Not to mention that buying these crappy things encourages more fakery.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
I had the same thought once...and it *might* be possible...but the problem is that even if they were molded in the same dimensions as the Casio bezels/straps, there is probably nonexistent quality control going on here. So I would bet good money that the resin would feel cheap, the lettering would be too shallow, too thin, etc. You can already see that in most of them, the bezel "screws" are way off. Not to mention that buying these crappy things encourages more fakery.
I know what you'r saying, i agree, if Casio will keep making these wear parts it would help, i have a yellow 6300 with them now to see if they can replace the bezel.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yes, I can't help but feel like Casio is missing out on a lot of $ from stopping production of these bands and bezels. It might put a damper on the collector market, but they don't see any profits from aftermarket sales anyway.

Here's the funny thing about fakes. If these companies overseas quit trying to fake the entire watch, and just focused on making high-quality reproductions of desired band and bezel sets, we'd probably welcome them with open arms!

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Yes, I can't help but feel like Casio is missing out on a lot of $ from stopping production of these bands and bezels. It might put a damper on the collector market, but they don't see any profits from aftermarket sales anyway.

Here's the funny thing about fakes. If these companies overseas quit trying to fake the entire watch, and just focused on making high-quality reproductions of desired band and bezel sets, we'd probably welcome them with open arms!
I have to agree, they can probably increase the profit {the makers of the fakes} by offering pieces to customize the watches out there, my guess something in the Kermit green would sell very well.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yes, that is absolutely fake. There is no such thing as a Frogman with analog hands.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts