WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The resin might be worth trying on a real dw5600c as the case shape looks similar.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
easiest way to check legitimacy of 99% of Gs is to search the model number (in this case dw5000) find a genuine pic from an official source then compare the two.

in this case however its so obvious that this one is garbage, just look at the quality of the lettering in the text, looks like it was done with a potato stamp.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Wow......... best of luck.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
It looks like a screwback...no, wait, there's a little notch at 4 o'clock in the bottom picture so the back can be pried off!

Is it a Franken-watch, made out of different parts? Did someone wedge a DW-5000 caseback into another watch case and put a Casio (or Brazilian) bezel on it?

It's old, and it's definitely (and thankfully) one of a kind, but it's certainly not a collectible! :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I wonder if this might not be a better quality watch than we are giving it credit for. Maybe this is sort of like the "Tudor" version of a GShock, if Casio were Rolex. So, the main thing you don't get with this would be the bragging rights from owning an authentic Casio.

It's an authentic piece, just not a Casio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts