WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
What are the tells? I have an IWC deployant and I would strugge to identify it as a fake.
the photos aren't detailed enough for me to certain if the clasp is genuine...aside from perhaps the third photo which seems to show some bare plating spots, but the price is rather suspicious.

the seller has 8 clasps and is only asking for $38 each. even with the inflated s/h of $25..that's way too low. i wouldn't bid on it.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
that site is very well known for fakes, more so than the "other". Also, when someone is selling something authentic they state it. Guess what that seller does not do? I think the answer is clear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a fake. A REAL GOOD fake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just received one from that seller plus a 22mm for Panerai. For the PAM, since I have the original one, I can tell you it is easy to see which one is the real one. On the IWC, I cannot help you since I do not have the original to compare side by side. My thought is that it is not that easy to distinguish.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i dont condone this but ive experimented and purchased one. that product is fake but very functional. i did compare it to my buddy's real clasp and it's only distinguishable when you are actually holding it and scanning through it. if it is in your wrist worn, it is hard to determine. needless to say, i now have the bracelet which is more money and lesser cash in the checking account but absolutely love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts