WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this one locally, price is 2500USD but its local in Europe, so I dont have to pay import duties, transport or wait.:think: This baby at an AD locally would cost DOUBLE.<|

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
if its a fake its pretty good. The only flaw I can see is the lack of anti-reflection coating, but that might be due to the angle in which the picture was taken

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
At first glance, it looks alright, but PO replicas have gotten so good, that I couldn't say anything with 100% confidence without seeing the movement.

Incidentally, $2500 seems to be the going price for a grey market 45mm PO on that strap. Keep in mind that you won't get an Omega warranty with a gm watch. Just something to keep in mind.

eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can be pretty sure that it is not a fake by mainly looking at your second picture. One easy way to tell a genuine omega is by looking at the back of the case at 7 o'clock position. A fake omega will not have these micro etched serial number there..
Also, please always remember to check whether the engraved number is in accordance to the one in the warranty card..

Cheers,
Ivan

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Looks legit but , boy, that's a lot of orange.

If you like it, buy it |>

·
Registered
530 Posts
The watch looks real. A couple things you could do to confirm it are:

1. to check for a red dot on the case back
2. remove the sticker on the face and see the bluish hue
3. Ask about the cards, where are they?

As stated here, looking at the movement is the ultimate check. The PO fakes are very good nowadays.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope, I would't say this is fake at all. All fake manufacturers are slackers, they mass produce their garbage and try to keep the costs as low as they can. Usually this means there's no serial on the lugs as they should, or a crappy box that looks nothing like the real deal, or a bunch of fake cards that looks clearly photocopied.

Take a look at the second photo. Not only is the serial number on the lug, but the original caseback shows a sticker WITH SERIAL NUMBER (of course you can argue the owner grabbed it off a genuine watch and put it on here, but...that's pretty low). Anyway, if slack ass fakers pay this much attention to detail, then we should be really worried. But they don't, and I think this is a safe bet.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, I'm not saying it's a fake, but the sn on the back of the 7 o'clock lug is no longer a reliable indication of a genuine Omega. There are, and have been fakes with serial numbers for awhile, now.

Yes, we should be worried, and many of us are.

eric

·
Registered
465 Posts
Take a look at the second photo. Not only is the serial number on the lug, but the original caseback shows a sticker WITH SERIAL NUMBER (of course you can argue the owner grabbed it off a genuine watch and put it on here, but...that's pretty low). Anyway, if slack ass fakers pay this much attention to detail, then we should be really worried. But they don't, and I think this is a safe bet.
Sadly fakes do come with serial nos, some are even randomised and the newish Omega anti-counterfeit insignia has been rep'd too...!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sadly fakes do come with serial nos, some are even randomised and the newish Omega anti-counterfeit insignia has been rep'd too...!
You have seen fakes with anti counterfeit??? Would love to see a picture and see if I could make out the difference.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You have seen fakes with anti counterfeit??? Would love to see a picture and see if I could make out the difference.
Not sure of the protocol about posting pics of fakes so PM me if you like. It arrived in a spam e-mail that slipped through my e-mail account's defences!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Not sure of the protocol about posting pics of fakes so PM me if you like. It arrived in a spam e-mail that slipped through my e-mail account's defences!
It's fine to post pics for informational purposes. We just don't want fakes being promoted, obviously. I posted a pic of a fake a few posts up.

eric

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's fine to post pics for informational purposes. We just don't want fakes being promoted, obviously. I posted a pic of a fake a few posts up.

eric
Thanks Eric, I'm very wary about fakes as I was nearly a victim with a Speedy Pro knock off (with the Chinese 'Venus' movement) a few years ago before WISness saved me!

Here's the pic of the rep with the counterfeit logo!

·
Registered
264 Posts
geezz...they really are getting sophisticated aren't they. Perhaps one day they'll even make the movement look as good as the real thing..then we'll all be in big trouble.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Fake or Real? Omega SMP

I see that based on past posts, there are some serial number issues surrounding what people in this forum seem to believe. For instance, this particular watch doesn't seem to have a serial number per se but it does have the 930 etched at the 1 o'clock location. However, there is nothing matching any 930 # to the "Watch no." on the Omega red card. What to believe? Does this even qualify as a SN? Not that I have seen in the past. I have seen etched and lasers but usually a longer digit code. Ideas, thoughts, clarifications are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes, indeed. My mistake. So with no SN at all (visible at least), wouldnt that lead one to conclude its a fake? What about lasered SN's versus etched? Any conclusive evidence there?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd be wary of buying one with no SN. I've seen them with the SN etched out, but there're still evidences of the SN originally there.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
$2500 ...... Forget it , contact the forum AD and get the piece of mind with an authentic real , no questions ever . 100% no BS Omega

1 - 19 of 19 Posts