WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
How did you manage to find the owner on Facebook in under 48 hours?
When you make up stories, they often come back to bite you - or in this case, his "friend".

I'm not on Facebook, but I can imagine an owner pining for his watch sending out daily appeals on Facebook for over 10 years and the OP (or his "friend") just happened to see it.

Or - the OP posted on his personal feed that he found the watch and the owner just happened to see it. That's the most likely as there are only 3 people in Norway and they read each other's accounts.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
When you make up stories, they often come back to bite you - or in this case, his "friend".

I'm not on Facebook, but I can imagine an owner pining for his watch sending out daily appeals on Facebook for over 10 years and the OP (or his "friend") just happened to see it.

Or - the OP posted on his personal feed that he found the watch and the owner just happened to see it. That's the most likely as there are only 3 people in Norway and they read each other's accounts.
True true. I did forget that about Norway

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
It would be interesting to know what the Norwegian law says about such situations. In France, as far as I know, an object found in this manner would become the finder's property after one year and one day without claim.
here possession of personal property (and a watch is a personal property) is presumption of ownership. No need for a title or deed. Anyone who disputes that or claims ownership must show proof.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts