WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Man... I was going to say legit just because I didn't think this would have been faked but this seems too "vintage" to be a 2000 series and I don't think TAG used triangle five-minute indices. The other thing that bothers me is how the crown is not vertically-centered with the case.

I have to go with fake, unfortunately, but I'm sure there are people who know a lot more about TAGs than I do.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I don't think the crown being turned perfectly vertical matters. Most crowns don't sit evenly anyway. I do agree that there is something strange about the triangle markers.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't think the crown being turned perfectly vertical matters. Most crowns don't sit evenly anyway. I do agree that there is something strange about the triangle markers.
I'm not talking about how it's turned, I'm talking about where the actual crown is placed. In the second-to-last photo, see how it sits noticeably lower than the center of the crown guard? My TAG Professional has the crown near perfectly centered respective to the case/crown guard.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I'm not talking about how it's turned, I'm talking about where the actual crown is placed. In the second-to-last photo, see how it sits noticeably lower than the center of the crown guard? My TAG Professional has the crown near perfectly centered respective to the case/crown guard.
Ah, I get you. Makes sense now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts