WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just sent me this pic. Could this possibly be real? I can't find it on a quick google search. And for now it's all I have to go on. For sale in a lot by people totally unaware of any watch info or value. Just being cleared out. Worth a shot?!?

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
It could be real. But when I tasted it, it was sour so I say it is probably fake. I don't get to taste many real Pateks so maybe I just don't know their flavor. Others might.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
There are probably more fake Pateks out there than real ones. But, you never know....

....which is a ploy used by somewhat dishonest sellers to tempt us to take a punt. 'I know nothing about watches' is a way of saying 'I am naive - you can take advantage of my ignorance and snag a real bargain'.

Personally, I have never even held a Patek so there's no way I could judge from a picture. But you never know....;-):think:

·
Registered
270 Posts
They may not know much about watches but they will know something about Google.
I'd be very wary.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,012 Posts
Fake! Patek Philippe put the Calatrava cross on the crown, movement - but never the dial. Also, they have only just brought out a regulateur watch (looking rather different to that one) and that is supposed to be the first they ever made.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts