WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Only if someone's blind can consider that to be original ... what's the point anyway, I don't think that you can do that with brands like Zeno ...
Anyway thanks for pointing ...

Kind regards,
Nikos

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What you said is mostly true. But when the listing says it is Made in Switzerland and also there's an image of the watch posed against the background of the real ZWB, it's intentionally misleading. Had the wording been different and that image not there, then yes, caveat emptor. But that's not the case here. Doubtful Ebay GIS though...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reported already. Then, I got an eBay message from the Seller that he had removed the "Made in Switzerland" text AND the misleading image from the listing already. He is selling a lot of ZWB's also and he knew what he was doing... selling a dog turd in a pile of avacados and hoping no one would notice :)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
that eBay seller must be on some strong stuff :rodekaart

Reactions: watchma

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm sorry for reviving an old thread, I saw this Zeno-Watch Basel on sale in a watch forum and I'm a little bit suspicious about its genuinity, considering the lack of decoration and logo on the rotor. It would be great if someone could shed some light on the subject. So what do you think, can this watch be a fake? IMG_7149_1280x960.jpg IMG_7150_1280x960.jpg

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I don't think it's a real Zeno. That doesn't look like a Swiss movement. It looks Chinese.

Pictures of the dial might make it more obvious.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I don't think it's a real Zeno. That doesn't look like a Swiss movement. It looks Chinese.

Pictures of the dial might make it more obvious.
I'm not so sure. It looks like it might just be a standard 7750, not necessarily Chinese. The basic movements aren't decorated at all. The only way to tell is to get a close up of the text on the bridge or under the balance wheel.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Gah you're right-- I was assuming a 3-hander. It's not showing much of the chrono mechanism. I suppose it being a Sellita is possible as well. Definitely dial side pictures would have helped.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Yep, mov't looks alright as I'm sure Zeno does not decorate its movements (with some exceptions perhaps). But more photos are required indeed

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for all replies dudes, it's a Valjoux 7750 - I think this watch is maybe from the first edition of Zeno Pilot Chronograph XL, when they probably didn't decorate the movements, because the more recent ones are quite more beautifull. Here I post a dial picture which seems legit to me and a case back picture of a newer Zeno Pilot Chronograph - it's a beauty in comparison. View attachment 12899067 View attachment 12899069 Regards!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts