WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a novise is it hard for me to see if a watch is fake or not. My friend told me about this place, so here I am.
Is this watch fake?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350065915739
I ask him what registration no it had and he said N3645, not what I expected, but from the photos it seems correct. However, does a original have numbers like these?
And what about this one, it looks fine to me,
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BREITLING-N...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It's so difficult! :-(

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,134 Posts
Hello Dallal,
Welcome to our forum.

Is this your first Breitling?

If so GO SEE THEM IN PERSON AT YOUR AUTHORISED DEALER!!!

Forget about dealing over the web for your first purchase of a watch that may be worth 5 or 6 thousand dollars. Its just nuts. You will sleep much better if you do go and see them in person and deal with a warm blooded human who cares about what they sell.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I agree with snapIt.

The second link is definitely legit, as it comes from authenticwatches.com, known for selling---authentic watches..

Couldnt tell you on the first one though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
it's likely you wont save thousands if the watches are new. I have purchased 3 from a dealer, and with discount every one has been less than authenticwatches sells for.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Saving money shouldn't be your first priority...getting a real Breitling should be.

·
Registered
359 Posts
When it comes to 'higher end' watches I have always gone to an AD and handled the watch. I use the web to see how much I can beat the AD up for on the price. I may make 2 or 3 visits to the dealer before I buy. I have bought several different brands from the same dealer , he knows me there and has never steered me wrong and I need that personal contact when I'm shelling out big bucks.

I have a spending limit when it comes to buying watches on the web - those prices are 'way' over my comfort limit.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
it's likely you wont save thousands if the watches are new. I have purchased 3 from a dealer, and with discount every one has been less than authenticwatches sells for.
Me too.

No way you will save "thousands" of they are both new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could prove you wrong. If, and I say I if the watches at authenticwatches.com are new and genuin, then I save almost 50% the price in Norway, which is 12400$.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When it comes to 'higher end' watches I have always gone to an AD and handled the watch. I use the web to see how much I can beat the AD up for on the price. I may make 2 or 3 visits to the dealer before I buy. I have bought several different brands from the same dealer , he knows me there and has never steered me wrong and I need that personal contact when I'm shelling out big bucks.

I have a spending limit when it comes to buying watches on the web - those prices are 'way' over my comfort limit.
Please take a look at my last reply on the thread above. Big differences in prices in the US and Europe.

·
Registered
798 Posts
well if you're comfortable with spending $6k on a watch without seeing it, and not getting any warranty on it, then go for it. I couldn't do it, but obviously many do. The pricing in Norway is indeed much higher. Hence why my dealer sells a lot of their watches to Europeans here on vacation. Especially now that the Euro is doing so well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well if you're comfortable with spending $6k on a watch without seeing it, and not getting any warranty on it, then go for it. I couldn't do it, but obviously many do. The pricing in Norway is indeed much higher. Hence why my dealer sells a lot of their watches to Europeans here on vacation. Especially now that the Euro is doing so well.
I know the model well, and I will get 3 yrs warranty, and I believe it will be no problem whatsoever. As long its a new one I think I will go forward. Maybe my friend in Chicago should take to a Breitling dealer.
Anyway, thanks for keeping my guard up, it is necessary at eBay. :-!

G

·
I wish I could prove you wrong. If, and I say I if the watches at authenticwatches.com are new and genuin, then I save almost 50% the price in Norway, which is 12400$.
How exactly would this company be able to obtain new. original watches and sell them for that price?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.