WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to purchase the last piece from WUS member hrasco185, thanks man!

With the arrival of the black variant on black leather strap with deployant, the foursome is complete!

On stock OEM straps:

On 3rd party straps:

The silver on Hirsch Modena golden brown, the Tissot deployant fits perfectly:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The blue on a porous racer strap with blue stitching:

The black on a Nato strap:

The gold variant on a Nato Heritage with matching gold hardware:

My past posts when I got the previous 3 models below:

It was love at first sight when I saw this baby, so I got it minutes after I saw it available in our country!

It's only 40mm. The 20mm lug size bracelet kinda floats above the wrist, not like the usual strap that hugs the wrist (see my last photo). Because of this, it wears a bit bigger. I really love the racer bracelet! The dial is dark blue, hard to get the blue shimmer with indoor lighting.

Here are the photos, hope you guys like it too!

Unboxing:

Dial:

Profile:

The bracelet uses the old-style double-hook type clasp:

Wristshots:

I haven't seen actual photos of the watch in any other forum, so this will help those considering this piece.

UPDATE 24 hours later:

I thought that there was only 1 silver available in the Philippines so I settled for the blue. A forum member form the Philippines posted about seeing another silver one on the losse in one of the local ADs.... so now I got the silver PR 516 GL! I am happy to have 2 of these babies :-!

Sharing the photos:

UPDATE:

I couldn't resist the power of the gold variant as well :-d

Here are wrist shots of the Gold variant on leather racer strap with deployant:

And the Trio:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Update May 28:

This is a becoming a bad vice - completing a family :D

With the arrival of the black variant on black leather strap with deployant, the foursome is complete!

On stock OEM straps:

On 3rd party straps:

The silver on Hirsch Modena golden brown, the Tissot deployant fits perfectly:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The blue on a porous racer strap with blue stitching:

The black on a Nato strap:

The gold variant on a Nato Heritage with matching gold hardware:

·
5,139 Posts
Congrats on a thorough collection! I especially like the silver on the Modena strap.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Yup sounds like ur getting old to me :p my personal favorite is the black dial on the NATO strap. Really gives it that racy sporty look. Congrats in the collection...

Reactions: daised19

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Looks like you've got it bad my friend!! lol :-d .........says me with a rather large vintage Tissot collection!!

I like the design of this model.......already have two of the originals, and several others with the same case design, so may well add one at some point.

I like all of those, but the black dial on the red black & white Nato really stands out!!

Enjoy, and wear in good health :-!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Wow! Neat! Awesome collection. I love the blue dial one.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Love them, I´ve been eyeballing this Tissot since I saw it on a mag. This is the first time I see it on "the flesh" and was a little disappointed with the way the bracelet looks on the wrist but the dial surpasses every inicial expectation.
Thanks to you I´m surfing the web for a specimen of blue shade. Thanks...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Gee thanks OP I told myself today I have to have one after looking at your pix and walked all over town (must have visited a dozen ADs) just to find this: blue dial with rally bracelet. I never thought this would be a rare model in my neck of the woods. I love it and the watch matches my Lamy pen from the same design era. Just perfect! :D

7768704316_2d9419e28e_b.jpg

·
Registered
281 Posts
Funny...I was in an AD this evening looking at a different brand and this model completely caught my eye. I think this is the first time any Tissot watch has had that effect on me. Might have to get one...eventually.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome collection, it had the same effect on me last week it completely caught me offguard at the AD. The best feature for me was sapphire/dial it really pops out and makes this watch look at least 5 times it's actual cost. It was a bit strange though fitting this one on my wrist especially with the bracelet, but gonna reconsider seeing all the different strap combinations here very nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gee thanks OP I told myself today I have to have one after looking at your pix and walked all over town (must have visited a dozen ADs) just to find this: blue dial with rally bracelet. I never thought this would be a rare model in my neck of the woods. I love it and the watch matches my Lamy pen from the same design era. Just perfect! :D

View attachment 789834
Hey, I am considering to get this watch as well. Since we live in Toronto, could you advise me your favourite AD? If I may ask where did you buy the watch and did you get a good deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
I found this watch at RightTime, which is a tiny corner store on the 2nd floor inside of Sears at the Eaton Centre. They had the gold case one and this blue dial one (which I bought). I've seen the silver dial with rally bracelet at the two watch stores in Yorkdale, and Ben Moss seems to be carrying the black dial with leather band. I haven't seen this watch anywhere else unfortunately.

I like the Chinese AD Time Circle in First Markham Place / Pacific Mall but when I looking for this watch the staff were on a 2 week vacation. I don't think I've seen this model there either.

My only beef is that you can't wear the rally bracelet loose, it has to fit just right, otherwise the oversized crown will dig into your upper wrist / hand making it very uncomfortable. Good thing you can resize the band readily with a can opener on a Swiss Army Knife. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found this watch at RightTime, which is a tiny corner store on the 2nd floor inside of Sears at the Eaton Centre. They had the gold case one and this blue dial one (which I bought). I've seen the silver dial with rally bracelet at the two watch stores in Yorkdale, and Ben Moss seems to be carrying the black dial with leather band. I haven't seen this watch anywhere else unfortunately.

I like the Chinese AD Time Circle in First Markham Place / Pacific Mall but when I looking for this watch the staff were on a 2 week vacation. I don't think I've seen this model there either.

My only beef is that you can't wear the rally bracelet loose, it has to fit just right, otherwise the oversized crown will dig into your upper wrist / hand making it very uncomfortable. Good thing you can resize the band readily with a can opener on a Swiss Army Knife. :D
Thanks for your information! I will check it out for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking to get one of these. Really nice watch. But I am not sure if it will fit my wrist. Can you tell me:
1) Your wrist size.
2) The total length of the watch (incl. the lugs).

Thanks very much!
JR

1 - 20 of 33 Posts