WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i once had a police poster where sting wears a g-shock, though i dont remember which watch exactly, must have been around 1981-1983. there is also a concert dvd from 1983 called synchtonicity concert, where you can see a big shot of his casio many times, its really a great marketing for casio. i think it was a calculator, not sure.
do you think he still will wear it at the police reunion tour 2007, by the way, i am happy to have my tickets :-d

now look at this page; can you tell me which watches these are exactly? its very hard to see:

http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/Forum/webbbs_config.cgi?noframes;read=1181910

ciao
gerry

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
Hi Gerry,

Like Adam I have heard that the DW-5700C-1 model was called the "Sting" model. The pictures posted are not clear enough to see which exact models it are, but if the DW-5700C is his work-out watch, the square one most probablt is a DW-5600C. I would love to see that Police poster with Sting wearing that G:)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
174 Posts
The square watch was not a G-Shock, but definitely a Casio. I tend to think it was the 100M standard digital watch. I say this because I had that watch at the time and I thought it resembled Sting's watch in the early 80's Police videos.

Unfortunately, they don't make the 100M anymore. 50M is as high as they go in the basic square digital.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well I have a poster of the Police with Sting wearing a basic black Casio Calculator watch(I will have to find that poster) In fact they still make the calculator watch he wore during the syncronicity period of 1983-1984. I was in Walmart and saw one for $18.99 (US) and bought it
http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Databank/CA53W-1/

I had more then one of these in the 1980-1990's but kept losing them (guess at $18 I should stock up huh? :-d)

Cheers
Leon

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
here is another sting watch, which is this??
It's a vintage Casio Diver. It shows a marlin on the right side of the display. It looks like the picture is a bit deformed, probably by the curve of the page, so the watch looks more rectangular than square.

I'm not an pre-G-Shock Vintage Casio expert, but isn't this a DW-240? Kim (Kpatt) should maybe know,

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sting also designed a watch for boys made by either Casio or Timex to his specifications. I saw a picture of one once. It was a basic traditional white dial with a leather strap, two-tone case with a black timing bezel.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Of all the world-famous and celebrated people to be a Casio and G-Shock fan it has to be Sting...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now i found some new fotos showing sting in his best years (ca. 1986, except foto 4 ca. 1984, with the old nose) wearing g-shocks, i cant identify, but seems to be a dw5xxx

regards
gerry

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts