WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone reviewed this yet?

The AgenGraphe By Agenhor: The Most Significant Chronograph Since . . . Since The Invention Of The Chronograph | Quill & Pad

Although a big fan of watches, I confess to not having much technical knowledge about movement mechanics. That being said, this one truly does seem quite different from any chrono movement I've encountered. Does anyone have any thoughts on it? It sounds like it will look radically different than any chrono to which we're accustomed, so visually speaking the watches that house it will probably skew more modern/contemporary (so DeBethune or others seem the ideal brands to incorporate this movement).

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I'm struggling to picture what the dial/sub-dials of a watch with this movement will look like. Perhaps the traditional chronograph layouts are too engrained in my mind.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Fancy promo text. Kinda funny to realize that quartz digital chronos (like on a casio f91w) also "solve" all the "issues" agengraphe seems to address...

I also don't entirely get how this chrono movement will display chrono time (with central full-dial 3-hands for chronographing), and regular time, without having 'too many subdials' nor 'too many hands'. Maybe a "press button to switch between chrono and regular time" thing.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Fancy promo text. Kinda funny to realize that quartz digital chronos (like on a casio f91w) also "solve" all the "issues" agengraphe seems to address...

I also don't entirely get how this chrono movement will display chrono time (with central full-dial 3-hands for chronographing), and regular time, without having 'too many subdials' nor 'too many hands'. Maybe a "press button to switch between chrono and regular time" thing.
I undoubtedly am wrong on this but, after reading the article slowly, it appears that time is read on disks around the periphery of the movement, leaving the 3 central hands nothing to do until the chrono is engaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.