WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm afraid I can't help you with the I.D., but I can very much appreciate its meaning to you and your heart. Wear it in the best of health, sir. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Hi Snow-Dog, welcome to the forum! I'd also like to say sorry to hear of the sad circumstances behind your question. I'm sure that someone here or on the vintage forum will have some information for you about your father's watch. It's a lovely looking piece that I'm sure means a lot to you, you must have some lovely memories attached to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words. You folks have the right attitude. Wear it in good health I shall. A priceless reminder of the man I want to be like.

Still would love to know it's year and model. It was a gift to him from my grandfather and is turning out to be a one of those family treasures. Funny thing, I have a small wrist like my father and it's perfect in it's size and simplicity.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sorry for your loss SD, I guess from the style your watch is from 1950's. The only way to tell accurately is to see the serial number on the movement. It's possible that your watch only opens from the front, to do this I suggest take it to a watchmaker. Alternatively the back snaps off by inserting a knife between the case and the back, there is usually a small gap near one of the lugs, but from these photos I can't see it. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forums! A inherited watch like this is priceless; you have a real grail there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for your loss..

Get it serviced by a proper watchmaker and get photos of movement while it is open.. please don't wear it on that strap, the back photos show wear at lugs and it would be tragic for it to fall of your wrist..
Good advice that I will act upon this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts