WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, posted this in the Seiko subforum as well, but I think I might get more ideas here considering the higher traffic.

I've come to pick the collective brains of the forum for an idea for a strap for the SRP653, which is my dad's watch. He picked it up about 5-6 months ago, and he absolutely loves it. There is, however, one issue, and that is that both my dad and I have tiny wrists. Mine is about 6.5", and his is even less than that, maybe 6.2" or so. He is in his 60s, and was well aware of how huge it was, but he loved it because it was unique, and the curved shape of the case made it sit comfortably on his list. That was all he cared about, and so I got it for him for his birthday from our local AD, and he it has been a fixture on his wrist ever since. And to be quite honest, it actually looks pretty good on him.

Out of the box, the rubber strap fit me on the last hole, but was loose for him. And the end of the strap stuck out by a ridiculous amount anyway, which made the Z22 strap a no-go. So ever since then, it has found itself on either a Bond or black NATO strap for the most part. But although he loves the watch, he does not really enjoy the NATO. And I would be inclined to agree, it makes the watch sit taller than it already is.

I know he's been eyeing an aftermarket bracelet for it, especially a shark mesh. He really likes the look of the shark mesh style bracelets. But there are two issues with this, the first being that he is extremely fussy. He loves the Omega shark mesh, and he has proclaimed that any other shark mesh he has seen is inferior to the Omega version and does not look as nice. The second, with his tiny wrists, would there be any shark mesh that could be sized appropriately? I was very tempted to get an Omega-style shark mesh from StrapCode, but I hesistated on pulling the trigger, as I felt it would be a complete waste of money if he ended up not liking it. Does anyone with a tiny wrist have experience with using a shark mesh bracelet?

Does anyone else here have one of these bad boys? Have you put it on an aftermarket strap? What did you think of the strap you got for it?

Appreciate all the help guys, thanks!

A picture of the culprit in question, on my wrist:

·
Premium Member
71,450 Posts
The 653 is a bit of a beast and I know what you mean about the 10 yards of strap end floating about. My wallet has said that I must wear mine on the OEM rubber but after I made a mess of the strap on my SUN021 (don't ask) I stuck it on an Isofrane. My skinny 6.75" wrist just loves it and if they weren't so expensive I would replace all my Seiko rubber with Iso's.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the Isofrane, it does indeed look lovely. I was thinking of that, but considering the price of the Isofrane is almost equal to that of a shark mesh from wjean, it was pretty difficult to justify the rubber.

How do you deal with the "10 yards" of strap sticking out and getting snagged on everything in sight?

Also... I know you said don't ask, but you've got me curious now ;-)

The 653 is a bit of a beast and I know what you mean about the 10 yards of strap end floating about. My wallet has said that I must wear mine on the OEM rubber but after I made a mess of the strap on my SUN021 (don't ask) I stuck it on an Isofrane. My skinny 6.75" wrist just loves it and if they weren't so expensive I would replace all my Seiko rubber with Iso's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts