WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Mine are currently an Apple Watch and a GShock 5600. If I were buying something, it’d be another Scurfa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Victorinox - Officer's Model 241372 (ETA 2824.2)

Victorinox isn't highly rated in the horology world, but nonetheless, they produce pretty watches that are entirely swiss made. True to Victorinox's own heritage, this watch makes extensive use of stainless steel. The case, the bracelet, the dial, the hands and the appliqué arabic numerals are all made of SS. When I purchased the watch, they went for around 250-300 USD. There isn't much information about this particular watch, but I heard they were the last production run of a closing factory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glycine combat sub. At today’s prices, less than $350, so far they have been accurate and keeps on ticking. For quartz, Certina HAQ definitely. Of course Seiko 5 automatic will always be there.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It's the GWM5610-1
Wanted to follow up to say I bought both a 5600E and the 5610-1 last week. These are what I would consider great field watches. I was going to return the 5600E and just keep the 5610 but I got both for such stupid good deals, I decided to keep both. So thank you, again!

·
Registered
786 Posts
What reference is this? Looks great!
Looks like a ProMaster Tough:

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any Glycine Airman.
Agree with this take. I have an Airman Double Twelve that’s used as my “regular beater”, i.e. not for the crazy stuff, but for the regular moving boxes, doing light work around the house, and playing at the beach and in the ocean. It takes the abuse well, and the dings on the bezel certainly add character. It’s also happy to dress up or down and has an easy second time zone, so great for travel. The bright white lume against the dark dial also makes it extremely easy to read.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm surprised the Oceanus has only been mentioned once.

G-shock internals
Nightly atomic synced time
Solar powered
Sapphire crystal
Nice enough for any occasion
Zaratsu polished
Under $500

If I could only have two watches this is one of them.

·
Registered
Tourby, Seiko, Monta, MKII
5,037 Posts
Citizen Ray Mears. That's my favorite beater. Tough, Titanium, EcoDrive, good lume.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If we're talking mechanicals, I think there isn't much out there that can touch the Seiko SRP777 for the price. Yes, we'll get those who suggest some off-brand Chinese clone of a Seiko tool watch but those watches don't offer the combination of provenance and toughness you'll find in the Turtle. Plus, you can pick one up BNIB all day long for well under $300.

View attachment 15470891
Please show me where they are going for way under 300 BNIB all day long. Also I’d say Orient definitely is competition to the Turtle

101 - 120 of 143 Posts